Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Oven / Gas Hob / extractor fan recommendations please

(9 Posts)
Twiglett Mon 04-Apr-05 11:21:43

What would you recommend - makes (or models would be great)

I think I would like

a double oven that is built under the counter (maybe brushed steel - at least if metal not the stuff that shows fingerprints)

a nice gas hob (not too bothered if 5 rings or 4)

a lovely looking extractor fan (curves would be nice, but don't want to have to polish)

NotQuiteCockney Mon 04-Apr-05 11:57:51

I know people who are very happy with Smeg. They look nice. Oh, and my MIL swears that only English ovens have good-quality grills. Not sure I trust her on that, though. (Also, I don't really use grills, not being English.)

I'll be following (actual, useful) replies eagerly, as I'll be buying one myself, this time next year.

Twiglett Mon 04-Apr-05 18:32:25

cod Mon 04-Apr-05 18:33:03

Message withdrawn

hub2dee Mon 04-Apr-05 18:58:23

We've got a 4 burner Smeg Piano. Pretty but needs cleaning. Smeg electric oven too. Pretty. Doesn't self clean. Cooks nicely.

Trade Prices from: 01622 710641. Theobald James Ltd Distribs KitchEqpt (less 30%).

Good luck.

See... I do useful, sensible stuff too.

Twiglett Mon 04-Apr-05 19:14:00

My sisters recommended De Deitrich (self-cleaning ovens)

Twiglett Mon 04-Apr-05 19:15:10

Hub - thanks for phone number, do they do other brands do you know or just Smeg?

LGJ Mon 04-Apr-05 19:17:04

Highly recommend Neff.

If you get any sort of steel, resign your self to the fact that it will need cleaning and a quick polish at least twice a week.

hub2dee Mon 04-Apr-05 19:48:17

Hi Twiglett, I think they also do Bosch.

You want cheap Miele ? (Don't we all ?)

Morris Lay Miele Kitchen Equipment dealer
020 8893 9733

You might need to order via a business...

(Sorry if this is a repeat post - I typed it up and then it disappeared...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now