Talk

Advanced search

portable fabric highchair type seats! (phew!)

(16 Posts)
babyburps Mon 04-Apr-05 00:19:07

whats the difference...tot seat - why is it 26.00? jojo maman bebe for 10.00 any good? anyone tried any of these contraptions?!

oooggs Mon 04-Apr-05 07:49:42

I have a tamsit - very similar to the jojo one and it is great. Love the way it is so small and fits and the changing bag. Very impressed and would recommend. Don't know what the tot seat is.

yummimummi Mon 04-Apr-05 10:58:53

I have tried them all! Totseat is pretty different as it's totally adjustable and even fits on my bizarre high backed dining chairs. It has a velcro cumberbund thing for backless chairs, buttons on the underseat, a toggly bit and rucksack style clips, so it baby is a bit more comfortable and there's no question about whether it's going to fit or not. The others are just simply bits of fabric, I don't really rate them as they never seem to fit properly!

miranda2 Mon 04-Apr-05 11:03:22

I have a tamsit like the jojo one; it was very good, but the only disadvantage is it does only fit on standard dining chairs, not high backed ones.
They are nothing special, just normal fabric etc, so if you felt like it you could make your own.

hotmama Mon 04-Apr-05 11:05:34

I have just bought one of these 'handbag highchairs' from Blooming Marvellous - think it was about £12. DD is only just 6 months and still a bit wobbly - but it keeps her in place. Fits very snuggly in the changing bag.

A couple of weeks ago someone was selling one of these for £5 on mumsnet (just after I had got mine)

Jbck Mon 04-Apr-05 20:28:27

I had the Tamsit & DD who was a very agile 6 months stood up, the back bits came off the top of the chair & she fell on the floor in about 2 seconds flat. She was standing at 5.5 months which I know is very early but it could happen to you too and I just felt it was too precarious even before she did that. Sent it straight back & got a refund.
I know it's not ideal but we just bought the Mothercare booster seats which fold up. They're ok for carting around in the car but not ideal if you're out & about in town with a buggy & stuff but much more secure.
Hadn't heard of the toseat but it sounds a bit safer than the handbag type ones.

Chickyboo Mon 04-Apr-05 20:37:59

I bought the totseat from John Lewis its absolutely brilliant. Dd feels really secure and comfy in it. Don't know about the other types, they seemed a bit flimsy and loose. ANyway have a look here

hatsoff Mon 04-Apr-05 20:41:34

I had the Blooming Marvellous one - and it was fab. The one style I wouldn't recommend is the one that needs to go over the top of the back of the chair (if that makes sense) - we bought one like taht and it was hopeless for anything except a really low back. The BM one just goes round the outside of the back. It's also very firm with super-strong velcro.

babyburps Tue 05-Apr-05 01:10:31

thankyou for all your suggestions! ds is a strong wiggly boy think may shell out extra for the totseat. blooming marvellous one sounds good but saw on website it may not work well with every type of chair i may encounter?

hunkermunker Tue 05-Apr-05 01:15:17

Isn't your baby really low down at the table in these though?

babyburps Tue 05-Apr-05 01:25:12

well yes i guess so, just want it for out and about use though, keep visiting my babyless friends and having to be an octopus with ds, looking for something to hold the crazy child down with ...so i have my hands free for eating cake and drinking tea

bobbybob Tue 05-Apr-05 07:31:16

I just used toddler reigns, with the extra D rings around the legs of the chair. Ds just couldn't topple it and they fitted into my pocket.

daisycheyne Tue 05-Apr-05 10:16:45

Hello, can I join in? I've got a Totseat and it's been great Really robust, has fitted everything from Ikea child's chair, Pizza Express heartshaped chairs to big straw types in pretentious cafes. Cummberbund velcro wrap thing particularly good for creating a back when the chair hasn't got one (if this makes sense). Also ethical. Not made in China. I like this bit too.
Can anyone recommend a light, tough, three wheeler pushchair? I have a 50 minute (fifty, yes) walk to work and the buggy I have is too slow ... and too heavy.

babyburps Tue 05-Apr-05 13:38:50

i know that the mothercare urban detour one has been 'awarded' by mother and baby...sadly i live in the city so theres no room on buses and streets for such a thing really...but they look great!

babyburps Tue 05-Apr-05 13:39:43

ooh ooh! where did you buy your totseat? totseat.com have them (obviously he he!) for 26.00 , is there a better deal anywhere?

daisycheyne Tue 05-Apr-05 16:24:57

Got the Totseat from totseat.com - I think on a next day/day after delivery. Pretty efficient and nicely packed. Cheaper postage than John Lewis although same price if you're passing the shop. Thanks for thoughts on the stroller ... it's the urban detour which is my current companion ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now