Talk

Advanced search

Top-Up-TV ..........Anyone got it ?

(10 Posts)
Kayleigh Sun 03-Apr-05 22:03:44

We have freeview at the moment. Has anyone got Top-Up-TV ? Is is any good ? Will I need another set top box ? How much is it ?

nicm Mon 04-Apr-05 09:39:20

hi i have top up tv. it is £7.99 per month. my digibox came with the card slot already there and it is thomson. i enjoy e4 and dp enjoys the discovery channel, etc. it also has boomerand and cartoon network for the kids.

hth

Kayleigh Mon 04-Apr-05 10:22:41

nicm, is the slot in the freeview box ???? We've got the thompson box too. Dh spent 20 miniutes looking for a slot on the telly

serenity Mon 04-Apr-05 10:49:58

We had Top up TV before we got Homechoice, and it was good (or at least better than Freeview alone!) The slot for the card should be in the set top box if you bought one that supports it. We had two boxes, a big clunky one from the On Digital days and a nice neat little one we bought to replace it. Of course when we got top up we had to put the clunky one back in the front room as it had a slot and the swish one didn't

nicm Mon 04-Apr-05 18:15:56

hi
yes the slot should be on the front of it , just above the black part on the silver with the on/off switch. it's a dti2300 model. it says that on the front on the bottom right hand corner. hth

anymore q's just ask.

Kayleigh Mon 04-Apr-05 21:30:52

thanks for your help. just checked and our set-top box is a sleek thompson dti1000 but no slots so doesn't support top-up tv. But am working on persuading dh that we should buy a new set-top box for the tv downstairs so we can have top-up tv and then we can use the old box in our bedroom !

kama Mon 04-Apr-05 22:01:38

Message withdrawn

nicm Tue 05-Apr-05 19:12:44

kayleigh i got mine from currys online and think it was £10 or £20 cheaper than the shop. it came with the top up tv starter set and included the connection charge, thinks it's either £10/15.

Kayleigh Wed 06-Apr-05 16:09:10

ah, thanks nicm. I noticed if you sign up on the top-up-tv site they charge you £20 connection. Cheeky. Did you get 1st month subscription included too ? I'm sure I read you get this as well as connection charge if you buy from a retailer.

nicm Thu 07-Apr-05 18:28:18

hi kayleigh. yes i did get the first months subscription free too. the only thing though is that if you connect and then decide after a month you don't want it but change your mind again in 6 months and want re-connected they charge you another £20! they also take your cc details or bank details when you call to connect so as you don't get cut off after the first month and then have to pay for reconnection.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: