Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

car seat dilema......... well not a dilema- but important all the same!

(10 Posts)
wontbepreggersagain Mon 19-Jan-09 11:41:09

Right i have 13 month old twin dd's in cabrios which go in the car on bases. i have an icandy pear purely to shove car seats on and transport girls backwards and forwards (hosp appts etc- not long journeys!)

Looking at car seats for next stage- they are still only about 7.2 kg so can't go forward facing.

SO......

do i wait, keep them in the cabrios (which they still fit in but are getting very awkward to lift/carry) and then consider choices when they can go forward facing- like maxi cosi axxis.

OR do i buy concord ultimaxes- so that they can go into them immediatly and stay rear facing for longer.

decisions! also any opinions on the ultimax, axxis and the other one we were looking at if we wait is the evolva 123.

WWYD?

cmotdibbler Mon 19-Jan-09 11:44:52

Keep them in the Cabrios as they will be the safest for their size

EldonAve Mon 19-Jan-09 11:45:40

why don't you just leave the car seats in the car?

wontbepreggersagain Mon 19-Jan-09 11:48:06

would do BUT the moment they go in the cabrio's they are snoring- have tried them in britax first class seats when we were on holiday and they stayed awake- think the cabrios are laced with sleepy juice grin

wellbalanced Mon 19-Jan-09 12:18:17

I would keep them in the cabrio's if still fit then you can just put on Icandy when asleep.
In a couple of month look at the next stage seats.
You need to see what fits in your car that will make your decision abit easier.

wonka Mon 19-Jan-09 17:42:54

The Evolva is very big and I can just about safely put my 1.5 year old in it .. I think a 0-4 is better! the toby is fantastic!

whitenoise Mon 19-Jan-09 17:47:04

can you transfer them onto the icandy in the ultimax? (i have no idea what that is!!) I would keep them as they are tbh. Bit awkward but they like the seats, you can transfer from car to chassis easily(ish given they are a tad bigger!) and it gives you longer to research the next stage

can't believe they are 13 months alreadyshock (was on AN thread as someone else - am not on there now though)

naomi83 Mon 19-Jan-09 17:50:57

keep them in cabrios till they get too big/ too heavy. My friend only moved her twins out at 18 months (my big DS had to be moved into next stage at 13 months...) When you are ready the britax 123 is a great seat, and will save you the expense of buying two tobis and then two stage 2-3 seats. Only problem is the recline is harder to do than maxi cosi one, so depends how important that is for you. That said, my son still falls asleep in it in the upright position, and it's very easy to wash the covers. The maxi cosi's are also wider, making it impossible to fit someone in the middle seat if you have two if them in use.

CarGirl Mon 19-Jan-09 17:54:44

I hate the evolva 123 my dd is only just 15kgs and with her coat on I can't use the harness anymore it's too short and the shoulder slots are not high enough. She's not 3.5 yet. She has more room in her britax renaissance (older model) so when you do get a stage 1 seat I would look at the one that has the highest should settings for the harness. Once they are too big for rear facing (much safer) then the longer you can keep them in a harness rather than adult belt the better as it is much safer.

nicm Mon 19-Jan-09 21:29:29

i'd either leave the seats in the car or look at rf group1 car seats which are much safer than ff. have just put ds into a britax 2 way elite which will rf until 25kgs! have a look at www.rearfacing.co.uk for more info.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now