Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Rear facing pushchair recommendations wanted

(8 Posts)
barley Sat 02-Apr-05 13:40:09

hi

i am new to this site and would like some help.

My son is 10 months and has a rare chromosome disorder and needs constant supervision, I am also mum to a 6 and 3 year old. now that the summer is coming i would like to get out and about a lot more. So i am looking for a rear facing light weight pushchair, I have been looking on ebay at the quinny buzz, but read on this site that it needs to be forward to collapse? and at £300.00 they are out of my budget. I am a single mum with a small car and boot, Any suggsetions would be gratefully recieved. thanks

LIZS Sat 02-Apr-05 13:51:32

Not sure about the Buzz itself but we had a very similar Quinny a few years back and it folded in the rearward facing position - you could always email Dorel UK and ask. Not all that lightweight though.

Most 2 in 1 pushchairs would go both ways or there are a few manufacturers(M and P, Chicco and Hauck spring to mind) who do models where you can switch the handle from one side of the seat to the other, effectively giving you a rearward or forward facing option.

Gem13 Sat 02-Apr-05 16:21:08

hi barley - welcome to mumsnet.

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you but I just wanted to say that mumsnet is usualy pretty quiet at weekends so bump this up again on Monday if there aren't many replies.

barley Sat 02-Apr-05 17:55:14

Thanks, i will do that

starlover Sat 02-Apr-05 18:07:12

How about:

loola

or

graco

or

pliko

nicm Mon 04-Apr-05 09:34:55

hi i have seen a loola and it is very light weight and comfortable for baby. the pliko only rear ward face for small babies. the loola also folds up really small. the only other one i can think of is the bugaboo. but it is v expensive.

hth

LIZS Mon 04-Apr-05 09:43:06

Was thinking along these lines but can only find this one in a package with a car seat online which I doubt you'd need, or the ones listed by Starlover. Unless you'd be happy with a traditional 2 in 1.

barley Mon 04-Apr-05 11:54:22

hi i have checked out the loola on line, i was going to see if i could find it in a shop somewhere to look. lots of the m&p and graco are really bulky as they act as a pram from birth. i am currently using the maclren techno that i have had since my three year old was tiny , i have trouble getting that in the boot with the shopping so anything bigger would be a knightmare. thanks for your response.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now