Talk

Advanced search

Hammocks for grown-ups? Recommend?

(5 Posts)
morningpaper Sat 02-Apr-05 09:42:45

Can anyone recommend (or advise away from) a particularl hammock for ME for the garden?

Up to £60 ?

Thanks!

stitch Sat 02-Apr-05 09:46:52

i got the family one from gltc whenit was ten percent off a couple of years ago.
absolutley love it. would reccomend it to anyone. some of the best money i have ever spent.

dh bought one last year to match the garden furniture he bought. was so happy about the fact that he only spent 30 onit. (why do we need two? ) completely useless. might as well have burned the money. it was from b&q looks very stylish, but you cant swing it. and basically, you might as well be in a strait jacket as far as i am concerned.
anyone want it?

onlineid Sat 02-Apr-05 09:53:15

Message withdrawn

morningpaper Sat 02-Apr-05 13:12:34

I've ordered the family one from GLTC!

It was 90 quid but it did look good and I don't want to buy one that is not quite right.

Thanks for the advice!!

alux Sat 02-Apr-05 15:27:57

I found this website with what I think are excellent hammocks.

hammocks

You can say that I know my hammocks as I have slept all night in hammocks before when I lived abroad. Ideally, to sleep in one you would like one where you can lie horizontally or almost horizonatally across the width of the hammock. That will be the 'family' sized one. In Mexico the call it 'matrimonial'.

If you can lie diagonally and almost flat in one, you can also sleep in it. Obviously, not matrimonial size.

It shouldn't cost lots to fasten one either. Suitable hooks can be found at b&q which can anchor them into a brick wall or a well anchored wooden post if a tree is not available. Those fancy metal cradles are suspect to me, mostly because of what they want to charge for them.

Lengths of rope can connect the hook to the hammock on both sides so that you can adjust the height and 'sling' of the hammock according to the distances of the two hooks.

Hope this was not too much information and a bore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now