Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Quest for the perfect buggy - what shall i go for?

(16 Posts)
citybranch Fri 16-Jan-09 14:40:47

Hi

Am home on bedrest so doing some research...
Any knowledgable mums: do you know of a buggy which fulfils all these criteria?
I'm so fussy!

*takes a maxi cosi cabrio carseat
*takes a buggyboard
*quite lightweight + folds in one piece
*small when folded - fits into boot of Corsa
*Reclining seat (so not Quinny zapp)
*Some kind of shopping basket (again not Zapp)

I also like funky looking buggies so it would be nice if it looks good too...
Thanks

mamadiva Fri 16-Jan-09 14:48:39

IMO there is no one pushchair that meets all the criteria, as a bit of a pramaholic though I will help you look LOL.

What's your budget if you dont mind me asking?

BusyBeeWithThree Fri 16-Jan-09 14:51:07

You can buy shopping baskets for the Zapp now. Sounds like the Bugaboo Bee might be the one for you.

mamadiva Fri 16-Jan-09 14:52:38

Bugaboo Bee?

mamadiva Fri 16-Jan-09 14:53:20

Haha cross posts busy.

mamadiva Fri 16-Jan-09 14:56:01

You will probably get cheaper ut just as an example.

Bee

ChristmasPenguin Fri 16-Jan-09 14:58:48

NOT a Quinny Buzz!

sorry, helpful I know!

mamadiva Fri 16-Jan-09 14:59:22

OOh micralite toro would be good too. There is an orange one for sale ATM on here!

Toro

mamadiva Fri 16-Jan-09 15:00:27

City how far on are you? If youd ont mind me asking just being nosey LOL.

citybranch Sat 17-Jan-09 11:14:12

Hi
thanks for all responses!
I'm just coming up 22 weeks with DC2. Have had a zapp and a Buzz for DS, both were good in some ways but the ability to recline is important for the new LO and I just found the buzz enormous and bulky! Hubby liked it for going round car boot sales though.

I was thinking of the Bee myself but buggy board facility will be quite important as DS will be 2.5 when LO comes along. Budget not too much of an issue, for the right one!

Haven't heard of the micralite, must investigate. What's the Icandy cherry like?

nicm Sat 17-Jan-09 11:22:40

a teutonia! i have the 3 wheeler but one of the 4 wheelers fold up smaller and they can take their own buggy board. are really comfortable for nb too and tick all your boxes. places in the uk have started selling them too. hth.

sazm Sat 17-Jan-09 12:02:32

you have to take the seat unit off the icandy to fold it,

naomi83 Sun 18-Jan-09 10:58:02

baby jogger city mini. weighs same as zapp, but reclines, with a basket, and takes maxi cosi. has the best reveiws I've ever seen for a from birth forward fcing buggy. not too pricey either. I would use your buzz till baby was 4-5 months and then sell it and the zap and just use baby jogger.

nappyaddict Sun 18-Jan-09 11:03:34

Just to warn you a lot of "from birth" buggies only have a 150 degree recline. For me personally I would want at least a 170 degree recline. If that bothers you at all I would email the manufacturer of any buggies you like to check to what degree they recline to. Off the top of my head I know the Baby Jogger City Miny, Maclaren XT, ryder and quest recline to 150 degrees and the Maclaren XLR reclines to 170 degrees.

Are you looking to buy new or second hand?

Does it have to take the car seat?

My suggestions are the luna, the cosatto venture, the red kite 3 wheeler (can't remember it's name), the britax beep, XLR, cosatto dixie, cosatto swift.

Marthasmama Sun 18-Jan-09 11:11:33

I've got a Stokke. It's lovely and unusual but is a bugger to get into the car as only the back wheels 'fold' down. I do love it but I wouldn't get it if I could go back in time. It does fit a couple of your criteria, but it would probably not go in an Corsa. Plus it was bloody expensive! I just wanted to warn against it in case it was one you had considered.....

citybranch Sun 18-Jan-09 12:37:55

Thanks! Loads of good ideas. The Baby Jogger looks good, and i think the Micralite Toro too. Am off to research some of these others...you ladies sure know your stuff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now