Talk

Advanced search

anyone swapped utilities providers?

(10 Posts)
TracyK Fri 01-Apr-05 12:25:57

I had a man from Southern Electric round yesterday talking me into switching from Powergen.
Seems much cheaper and will need to have a look at uswitch.com to make sure there aren't any other cheaper ones out there.
I've got 7 days to change my mind - I need to get my bum in gear and sort it out. But since ds my gas and electric has spiralled.

TracyK Sun 03-Apr-05 15:16:44

bump

JanH Sun 03-Apr-05 15:19:19

I wouldn't switch with a doorstep person because they get commission for everyone who switches and have been known to tell porkies - I'd cancel it and go by uswitch. (But did you complete a Direct Debit? If you did make sure to cancel that too.)

(We have changed but went with one of the green ones - it's no cheaper but makes me feel saintly !)

JanH Sun 03-Apr-05 15:20:39

switch with Which is good.

TracyK Sun 03-Apr-05 15:23:14

thanks JanH - I am going to have a look. I don't doubt that Southern are cheaper than Powergen - but I'm sure there may be cheaper ones to be had.

GeorginaA Sun 03-Apr-05 18:27:44

Absolutely don't go with a doorstepping person. I used to work on the new business side of a major dual fuel supplier (until the bastards made me redundant, but that's another whine!) and we used to have *real trouble* with the doorstep cowboys (work completely on commission basis) - had many many cases where they signed people up without them knowing, gave them misinformation etc.

Agree with checking on uswitch.com.

ButtonMoon Sun 03-Apr-05 18:39:09

Another vote for uswitch.....we changed a year ago to scottish power for dual fuel and saved £200 in a year. We keep checking every so often to make sure that we are still getting the best deal. Doorstop salesman do my nut!!!

TracyK Sun 03-Apr-05 18:41:26

I've checked on uswitch and another one - but Southern Electric don't appear on my lists. But when I look at the individual prices on the recommendations - they're more expensive than the Southern Electric??
I presume Southern Electric are kosher?

GeorginaA Sun 03-Apr-05 18:51:37

Well they have a website not that that means they are necessarily legit of course...

GeorginaA Sun 03-Apr-05 18:53:00

The Energy Shop has southern electric listed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now