Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used the Jane Matrix flat carseat plus another child seat in car?

(6 Posts)
Moomin Thu 31-Mar-05 18:22:12

I'm in the middle of debating whether to get a Jane 360 matrix system and went for demo today. I must say I didn't realise the flat car seat was put in the car like that until I saw it, ie taking up 2 places. I'm sure it's fine for people with just 1 baby, but has anyone used it with their 2nd child and had another car seat alongside the flat matrix? Our car's a Scenic so it's not tiny exactly and dd's car seat is a stage 3, booster with armrests and a back.
Also it does seem a bit of a faff but is it really any more faff than transferring a baby from a carrycot to a carseat when you get in the car?

irishbird Thu 31-Mar-05 18:29:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BearintheBigBlueHouse Thu 31-Mar-05 18:44:42

Yes - bit fiddly clipping it in and out next to DD's Britax Isofix Duo, but no problems really (so long as DS's head was at the end farthest away from DD!). Agree with Irishbird re checking it fits in the sit-up position with your seat belts. I think the newer ones take less belt than the original ones though.

nicm Thu 31-Mar-05 19:53:50

i have used it in the back of a grand scenic with a maxi cosi priori . fitted fine and then up right in the front and the back seats. had to make sure the hood of it was on and up though when driving as things were always thrown/trying to hit the baby when i was driving. hth

fruitful Mon 04-Apr-05 14:09:05

I'm using ours in the flat position at the moment, in the back of a Honda CR-V (about the same size seat as a Scenic I think), next to a Bebe Confort Iseos carseat which is quite big. It fits fine. I do have to get into the car to do up the middle clip though. And we had to get dd trained not to lob things over the side of her seat!

Once you get used to the clips they are very fast. In comparison with friends getting their babies / carseats in and out of their cars - we're normally ready first.

Although I did use the seat for 6 months with dd before discovering that you aren't supposed to undo the clips every time - you're supposed to unclip them from the seat and leave them attached to the seatbelt. Jane instructions are not the best...

koalabear Mon 04-Apr-05 14:14:59

we have used it flat in some cars with a car seat, but had trouble using it flat with an additional car seat in really compact cars (so, it fits in some and not in others)

we didn't find it a problem though as if it didn't fit flat, it was really easy to adjust to a "sitting" rearward facing seat

only critism of it was that it is really heavy compared with others - however, as we did loads of travelling, the flat car seat was a god send

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: