Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a sofabed/futon please?

(8 Posts)
Dilettante Sat 10-Jan-09 21:59:45

I've been to John Lewis today and was fairly unimpressed with the selection they had that will fit the space available in the study where it must go.

I am thinking of one of these from The Futon Company but just wondered if they are comfy enough? Would only be for occasional use but I have painful memories of my bedsit days and futons that you could feel the slats of through the thin padding of the futon.

this one Does anyone have anything similar?

CuddlysBumLooksBigInThis Sat 10-Jan-09 22:11:42

It's not similar to your pic but I have one of these set ups and have slept on it a couple of times myself, it is incredibly comfy and is commented on by everyone who stays. I originally got it as an emergency/temporary thing but it is so comfortable I have kept it.

nicm Sun 11-Jan-09 12:46:19

we have one from ikea, bought the thicker mattress to go with it as an occasional thing but dh has been on sleeping on it for 10 months (ds has kicked him out!!)and thinks it's comfy enough! hth

saggyhairyarse Sun 11-Jan-09 20:44:42

I've got a bedframe with the mats and a futon mattress from The Futon Co and I LOVE MY BED! Cery good quality!

Dilettante Sun 11-Jan-09 22:57:42

Thanks - I went into their shop today (The Futon Co.) and was really impressed with the quality of their stuff and by their customer service. I'm going back tomorrow to buy one!

scotlass Sun 11-Jan-09 23:03:01

I second Ikea. have had other futons from elsewhere but definately prefer an Ikea one with a better quality mattress.

scotlass Sun 11-Jan-09 23:08:45

p.s we've got this one in the spare room and it's very comfy, the ransta natural

here

Dilettante Sun 11-Jan-09 23:13:11

I do like that one and have heard good things, unfortunately at 200cm it is too wide for our study though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now