Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

anyone got/know of Hauck prams/pushchairs? or any other recommendations for a newborn?

(4 Posts)
Moomin Wed 30-Mar-05 20:41:49

I am expecting baby #2 and after getting dh to drag the old travel system out from the cellar and nearly killing himself doing so i have decided we are NOT going to be using it next time round. We bought the Bebecar Tracker last time (see reviews section - it got the highest score but god knows how). It looks dead trendy but it weighs the same as a tractor and is as wide as a bus. I've nearly given myself the cold sweats remembering how I used to jam it down the aisles of the shops in town knocking small children out of my way.

Have also gone off the idea of a travel system anyway and think the baby should lie flat a bit more after reading some comments here about travel systems. Have been to have a look at deals on eBay and there are some Hauck 3 wheelers like this one for £99 which seems very good. Does anyone have any experience of these or know where i can read any reviews? They weigh 13Kg - sorry for being thick but is this heavy? Any other alternative suggestions?

LIZS Wed 30-Mar-05 20:46:42

That is reasonably heavy, but 3 wheelers with carrycots often are. Hauck are a German brand. If you do a search someone was commenting on one (not so favourably as I recall) a few weeks ago. tbh I think you get what you pay for but if you plan to walk a lot (as opposed to in and out of car) it would be fine.

LIZS Wed 30-Mar-05 20:48:17

Thread here

Moomin Wed 30-Mar-05 21:12:48

oo thanks LIZS - very interesting. glad i asked now

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: