Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is waxing best?

(6 Posts)
pacinofan Wed 30-Mar-05 11:54:18

on bikini line area? Usually use Veet cream but am sick of waiting the required 10 minutes for it to work, and then it only lasts 10 days at most. Can't leave it as I do loads of swimming and, although I am not dark, hate any hair 'on show' in that area. Have just tried some waxing strips designed for that area - bit disappointed tbh.

Does it make a difference if you go to a salon and have waxing done professionally? If so, how often do you have to go?

expatinscotland Wed 30-Mar-05 11:58:00

I've been having Brazilians since for 19 years now. It's deffo worth going to a salon for the bikini area! A good professional will know how to minimise the pain. I used to get a topical anaethetic cream called Emla prescribed to me by a dermatologist and apply it before waxing, as I have a low pain threshhold, but I no longer need it.

I now only have to go every few months. Continued waxing has destroyed some of the hair follicles, I think.

But at first, if you're hairy like me, you'll need to go in every 4-6 weeks.

Sponge Wed 30-Mar-05 11:58:50

Professional waxing does tend to get all the hair out, even really short ones and they're better at making sure the hair comes out rather than snapping. I don't find the cold wax strips work that well. If you want to do your own a pot of warm wax works better.
The problem from your point of view is that you do need to let it grow back to be able to wax, and it still only lasts a couple of weeks before you see some regrowth.
Have you considered laser hair removal? More expensive in the short term but permanent.

meysey Thu 31-Mar-05 16:06:07

it depends on your skin. if you are very sensitive then professional waxing can be a nightmare bringing up bumps and causing pustules... even from top salons...

Enid Thu 31-Mar-05 16:10:14

I have given up waxing as I get terrible spots and bumps, even from fabbo salons.

I shave now or use Veet and don't stress if bits stick out of my cossy

sasa15 Thu 31-Mar-05 16:29:28

definetely waxing is the best,,,I do go to professional beautician....
since 15 years....and they don't grow much anymore....

dh like it....smooth...

only shaved few times when I was teenager...and that was a big mistake....!

they grow a lot and touching is like a man....sensation

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now