Talk

Advanced search

What's best to cover grey hair?

(7 Posts)
pacinofan Tue 29-Mar-05 19:52:15

Hi all, just wondering what anyone can recommend to cover grey hair? To my horror I am discovering more and more of these and am going to hairdressers on Friday. What would anyone recommend to use? At the moment I have tinted highlights (quite a lot but obviously not enough to cover the grey). Don't really want to start colouring my own hair as I quite like the time out at the hair salon, what would you recommend I ask for at the hairdressers?

Thanks in advance,

JoolsToo Tue 29-Mar-05 19:53:05

a brown paper bag!

seriously - I use BelleColor - its pretty good and not too expensive

Enid Tue 29-Mar-05 19:53:12

I have half a head of highlights and they 'smudge' the grey in with a medium blonde shade. Although I now have quite a lot...

helsi Tue 29-Mar-05 19:53:45

don't bother - grow old gracefully.

LGJ Tue 29-Mar-05 19:53:54

A hat

Nop seriously, I started off with highlights and ended up going blonde, I was brunette. It was the only way to keep up with the grey.

JoolsToo Tue 29-Mar-05 19:55:55

helsi - NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigi Tue 29-Mar-05 20:58:54

I have honey coloured hilights, but have noticed I am getting more grey, which is worrying as dh hasn't one grey hair! hairdresser put me more in the front to hide it. I asked about going darker but she said to stick with lighter colours as you start to go grey, it's more flattering. I'm hoping the summer sun will lighten up those nasty grey roots, and make it look better. i have my highlight every 3 mths at the mo.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: