Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

safety earring backs???

(7 Posts)
NattyPlus2andAHalf Sun 04-Jan-09 17:14:10

my daughter is consantly loosing earings and its driving me nuts!
does anyone know of any kid of safety backs for kids earrings that actually stay put??

thanks

lauraloola Sun 04-Jan-09 19:25:46

How old is your dd?? The plastic safety ones are useless. Have you tried hoops instead of studs??

NattyPlus2andAHalf Sun 04-Jan-09 20:55:19

shes 18 months, i dunno if id wanna put her in hoops yet in case she caught them.
shes not losing them because shes pulling at them, they just come out in her sleep etc.. she loses the backs, then the earing falls out pretty soon after.
i saw some sillicone ones online anyone have any experiance?

PinkPoinsettias Sun 04-Jan-09 21:01:46

you just need to use backs that are pretty tight on the bars and check them regularly.

dd is almost 4 and has only permanently lost one earring since i pierced her ears last summer.... they've fallen out a couple ore times but as i check them constantly i usually know where she's lost it and an find it again.

i have found if the earring comes with a loose back switching the back for those long thick metal backs usually does the trick.... i have millions collected over the years though myself... not sure where you can buy spare backs these days.

NattyPlus2andAHalf Sun 04-Jan-09 21:05:10

thank you pink, i think i know the ones u mean, kinda cone shaped?

PinkPoinsettias Sun 04-Jan-09 21:25:45

yep, they're the ones. they make the back of the earring a bit less pokey too.

you could also try going to a piercing studio and seeing if they have any thin short bar piercings... like what you'd have in an eyebrow maybe?... bars have a little ball that screws on the end as opposed to something that just slides on and off.
not sure if they make any thin enough not to stretch an ear piercing though.

NattyPlus2andAHalf Sun 04-Jan-09 21:39:18

thats a good idea! i could get some custom made in the jewellers maybe? thank you, thats very helpful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now