Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else find iTunes unbearably slow?

(10 Posts)
bibiboo Mon 28-Mar-05 23:56:12

It sems to take FOREVER to start up on my pc and even longer to shut down, taknig out all other programmes with it until it's done. I've tried freeing up disc space and defragging but tis' still slwo ...do I just have to live with it or is there something I can do?
TIA

SoupDragon Tue 29-Mar-05 08:31:18

It p*sses me off and it's not even my iPod. DH keeps plugging his in and it slows everything down.

alibubbles Tue 29-Mar-05 09:54:56

bibiboo, easy solution, you need to buy an Apple mac

At the moment I am printing, downloading or is it uploading photos from my camera and using iTunes, all on my laptop

Bagpuss30 Tue 29-Mar-05 10:09:09

Yes, second alibubbles, you definitely need an Apple mac . dh bought ours last year and I have to say it is the best purchase ever. (Not cheap though ).

BearintheBigBlueHouse Tue 29-Mar-05 10:28:33

I'll have to let the side down by admitting that my Powerbook is running a bit slow today - dunno why - could it be because my iPhoto library contains over 1200 photos? Should I move them elsewhere? IT's also taking ages to pwer up every day. I'm sure it's my fault - but don't know what I've done. Still I'd never go back to PCs.

alibubbles Tue 29-Mar-05 18:25:27

BearintheBigbluehouse, you need to put them on your iPod or an external drive. DS's iBook was running really slowly and it was all the iMovies he had made and stored.

BearintheBigBlueHouse Wed 30-Mar-05 10:01:31

Ta Alibubbles - thought as much - am investing in a LaCie Portable HD - got to look the part next to the Powerbook doesn't it

alibubbles Wed 30-Mar-05 13:59:19

That's the one we got. I went into MicroAnvika and they reccommended it. I love going in there inside Selfridges. have yet to visit the new Applestore!

BearintheBigBlueHouse Fri 01-Apr-05 11:16:41

AliBubbles - don't have one near us and they don't seem to have the Lacie HDs on their website. D'oh. Don't start me on the AppleStore. It wouldn't be safe to let me in there - be like a kid in Hamleys...

Bagpuss30 Fri 01-Apr-05 11:19:39

Hehe, Manchester is apparently getting one soon - can't wait .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now