Talk

Advanced search

Mitsubishi dehumidifiers?

(2 Posts)
Graciefer Fri 02-Jan-09 20:12:01

My house is suffering from condensation/mould and it is just too cold to have windows open and cold drafts, so I am going to buy a dehumidifier.

We have owned an Ebac one before when we lived in a terribly damp flat and whilst it did its job incredibly well, I was not impressed with it's build quality or reliablity. We had to send the first one back after recieving it as it didn't work and it's replacement stopped working shortly after its warranty ran out.

I have seen several sites advertising the Mitsubishi dehumidifiers, nearly all state it is 'arguably the best portable dehumidifier on the U.K. market'.

However, I haven't been able to find many user reviews. Whilst the Mitsubishi is more expensive than an Ebac one, I am willing to pay the extra if it is a better and more reliable product.

So, does anyone out there own a Mitsubishi dehumidifier? Or have experience of one?

Even better has anyone owned both the Mitsubishi & Ebac dehumidifiers and could give me the benefit of the experience and recommend which one that they think is better?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Oh I better add, I live in a large 4 bedroom house, built in the early 1900's. It has high ceilings and solid walls. I have double glazing, central heating and have recently insulated the loft.

cmotdibbler Fri 02-Jan-09 20:16:29

Never had an Ebac, but we have a Mitsubishi. We bought it when we lived in an 1890 3 bed cottage - solid walls, condensation, damp and mould. It really sorted it out amazingly well, and we used it continuously for 8 months. After moving, we use it for a couple of hours a day in the cold weather to dry the washing indoors, and so it's still going well almost 2 years after we bought it with no problems at all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now