Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need a new bed for a pre-teen's room - what would you recommend?

(15 Posts)
Tinker Fri 02-Jan-09 16:04:43

I've been looking at those trundle/guest beds but am worried about a) the lower mattress getting dusty b) loss of underbed storage space and c) not being able to say no to sleepovers as often

Am not keen on the loft-bed type things and look back-breaking to change teh sheets. And what if she throws up when ill?! shock

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tinker Fri 02-Jan-09 19:09:22

Please?

Yorkiegirl Fri 02-Jan-09 19:17:26

Message withdrawn

MrsKrabappel Fri 02-Jan-09 19:19:13

A pull out one is great. Get that. Ours makes a 6 ft double when up - no issue with underbed crap storage or dust.

The kids use it to have sleepovers or also can be used for guests. Ours was from Marks.

MrsKrabappel Fri 02-Jan-09 19:20:23

look this one is on odder too Just make sure the under mattress is the same size as the top one.

MrsKrabappel Fri 02-Jan-09 19:20:51

On odder? On offer.

Tinker Fri 02-Jan-09 22:45:24

Thank you.

ScummyMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 12:59:13

I second pullouts as an option. My boys each have an amazing ikea one which pulls out to become a double but also has 3 big drawers. Sort of magic, almost. Does the pre-teen in question have a preference?

Tinker Sat 03-Jan-09 13:26:49

The pre-teen isn't that bothered, amazingly!

JL are doing a similar one tho M&S bed - can't decide. Will look for the IKEA one

chloemegjess Sat 03-Jan-09 15:27:54

What about a mid sleeper thing? So not a high one, but has the draws or whatever underneath it? This is what we plan to get as soon as our DDs are out of their cotbeds as we don't have much storage space

this is the first thing I could find, but you can get all sorts of different hights, so you could get one with enough storage to suit you and low enough to change the sheets?

Tinker Sat 03-Jan-09 15:30:51

Thanks chloe - I did consider those but have a horrible feeling that she is getting to the age when they may be deemed a bit young! Anyway, I've ordered the JL one that is in their clearance sale atm. Worried it looks a bit dark but, oh well.

ScummyMummy Sun 04-Jan-09 11:18:16

Hope it is lovely.

BonsoirAnna Sun 04-Jan-09 11:24:24

Why don't you just get a full-sized divan that will provide good spinal support during puberty/growth years? And invest in a futon for sleepovers.

Tinker Sun 04-Jan-09 13:29:59

Thanks BSA but not enough room for all of that really.

mosschops30 Sun 04-Jan-09 13:45:24

I would recommend the guest bed thing. We bought one for dd last year, was about £200 from Dreams and has been great.
dd has had friends to sleepover on it, and it also makes a double bed when we have friends to stay over.
Cant wait til ds moves into one then we will have much more beddage in this shoe box house grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now