Talk

Advanced search

advice on satage 2-3 car seqats please - floundering with this.

(4 Posts)
stressed2007 Thu 01-Jan-09 21:39:24

My daughter is nearly 3 and weighs about 2.5 stone. Her sister is 1 and needs to move from baby seat to stage 1 seat so thought this would be a good opportunity to move my 3 year old to a stage 2-3 seat (even though she is not the recommended age 4 but she is the right weight and is tall enough for the high backed seats) rather then buying another lot of stage 1 seats.

To me most of the stage 2-3 seats seem to be little more then booster seats with a back and don't seem to me that they would offer much protection in a crash. The sales person in mothercare said at that age children would be expected to hide/protect themselves in the event of a crash and they don't offer that mch protection! This is the only point worrying me about putting my 2.5 year old in a 4 year old seat in case she did not do this. Even at 4 though this seems a bit much to expect. Can anyone suggest one they have and are very happy with? The all seem to be quite cheap and not very sturdy. Seen a Graco Logico Group 2-3 Car Seat on offer in Mothercare - anyone got any thoughts on this? Anyone know what came out well in the which tests? Thanks very much.

Thanks very much.

Phoenix Thu 01-Jan-09 21:51:01

My ds is tall and over the weight for the next stage car seat and we have just moved him. He's 3 in Feb. In my car we have a Britax Evolva 1,2,3 Ultra and in dh's car a Maxi Cosi Rodi

stressed2007 Thu 01-Jan-09 22:10:29

Do you like these? Any preference? Do you mind me asking cost? I need to get 3 of them. Thanks

Phoenix Thu 01-Jan-09 22:17:45

I've had the Britax one for quite a while but the maxi cosi rodi i only bought a few days ago from Argos in the sale for £32.99. There are more expensive Rodi's but not sure of the difference. Argos

Ds much prefers his big boy seats

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: