Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sun Protection Suits

(13 Posts)
BethAndHerBrood Mon 28-Mar-05 19:16:15

Does anyone know if these are any good, are they worth the money?? Also how snug are they supposed to fit? My DD is 5 but wears age 8/9/10 clothes, depending what it is and where it's from, because she is so tall. which size would be right for her?? Also got DS, age 6, but he's pretty normal!!!

Thanks.

Twiglett Mon 28-Mar-05 19:19:39

They're good for the beach, as they get wet like a swimsuit and then dry off quickly and you don't need to bother about suncream

TBH they do the job of a t-shirt and shorts (but you can swim in them), they are fairly expensive for what they are and sold on having a sunblock factor (um like a white t-shirt and shorts really)
DS (who is average sized 4 year old) has a 5 year old suit that fit him last year and will probably fit him next year.

HTH

tigi Mon 28-Mar-05 19:25:24

They are brilliant! They are great for tinnies, buy the all in one, as it stops the sand geting into nappies and everywhere! I have bought them as much for that reason as any other! Nothing worse than a sand-caked cross screaming crawling baby!

Hulababy Mon 28-Mar-05 20:34:25

Make sure you get a 6proper6 sun protection one though. Some of the cheaper ones are not that high in terms of SPF or great quality. We have had some fab Australian ones - recommended by their cancer charities - which have been excellent.

Hulababy Mon 28-Mar-05 20:36:01

Missed the fit quesion (too much wine!). This deopends ont e style you get, DD's first suit - from Lion in the Sun - was desgned to fit quite tight, and was to be worn when wet, but not too much when dry and in the sun. However her newer one, - more expensive, from Oz - is worn baggier and can be worn wet and dry.

tillykins Mon 28-Mar-05 20:40:33

We've just got one from Adams that says its SPF 40, but its for summer hols so no idea on the fit

I would say they are worth the money if you are going to spend a lot of time on a sunbaked beach

LIZS Mon 28-Mar-05 21:00:35

We've had Speedo ones - size 104 fitted our slightly smaller than average ds until he was 5. Tiny dd had a 2 piece version also size 104 and, although a bit on the big side for her, she's been wearing it since she was 2 !! Ideally they should be more snug than loose, I think. They are great, especially if in and out of the water, and ds likes the "surfer" styling.

SoupDragon Mon 28-Mar-05 21:35:42

They are better than normal T shirt and shorts because they dry quicker. I think normal clothing loses SPF when wet?

DSs always have them for holidays. They're great.

bensmum3 Tue 29-Mar-05 08:43:13

Bump to 3 and little trekkers had some in the sale a little while ago.Might be worth a look.

SoupDragon Tue 29-Mar-05 08:49:58

There was a good site (NZ or OZ?) that had them up to adult sizes but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. Began with a C I think.

SoupDragon Tue 29-Mar-05 08:52:04

Cwear. Google is a wonderful thing. This is the Australian site but I think Google threw up a couple of UK ones that sold them.

swedishmum Tue 29-Mar-05 09:14:32

There are usually lots of ads in back pages of Junior. We got one for dd with a matching legionnaire's hat (abroad so not much help I'm afraid) which really protected her head and neck too. John Lewis always seem to have them and Pumpkin Patch for little ones.

allatsea Tue 29-Mar-05 09:32:35

Sainsbury's are selling 1 piece & 2 piece UV 50 sunsuits this year. I bought one at £11.99 and one at £12.99 - less than half the price of the big brand versions. Apparantly if you are in very sunny places the sun can pass through shorts & t-shirts so the UV protection is useful. They can also look kinda cool

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now