loader

Talk

Advanced search

My Brest Friend feeding pillow?

(10 Posts)

Message withdrawn

Message withdrawn

lisasimpson Thu 01-Jan-09 20:16:37

I had one of these two years ago. It was helpful from a hands-free perspective (and I had a caesarian so made it a bit more comfortable on the tummy) but as I have reasonably big boobs I found it held ds too high up to make the latch correct. If you have read any reviews of the velcro being noisy then that is very true (especially in the middle of the night in a hospital ward!)
I bought mine second hand on e-bay and sold it that way too. Hope this helps

ilovetochatupsanta Thu 01-Jan-09 20:20:49

i bought a feeding pillow from argos that was fine and only £15.

Heathcliffscathy Thu 01-Jan-09 20:24:35

it was fantastic in terms of no neck ache whatsoever but the downside was that i never learned to feed without and so ended up in loos (god i would be so much more militant now) with coats piled up on top of lap to simulated my brest friend in order to feed ds.

i would say if you have a bad back they are great, but be very very careful not to become too dependent.

hth

TheBlonde Thu 01-Jan-09 20:29:17

I bought mine from www.expressyourselfmums.co.uk/
Mothercare sell them too

I found it very good as all the other pillows I tried were too squishy
Also if you move position the pillow moves with you

BlameItOnTheBogey Thu 01-Jan-09 20:30:53

Loved it and also bought from expressyourselfmums who were v good.

Message withdrawn

nicm Thu 01-Jan-09 22:40:07

hi yes i have one and love it. wish i'd have got it sooner. i don't think i got it until ds was about 4 months and it saved my back and neck ache! can't remember where i got it from though. mine doesn't have velcro it has a catch and so it doesn't make any noise. hth.

notcitrus Sun 04-Jan-09 13:38:09

Fantastic. I would have given up bf at 3 weeks without it - v shaped pillows sloped too much to hold A in place, normal pillows I needed 3 and they kept sliding. Stopped my backache and armache - I have rsi and very weak forearms and wrists.

Worth practicing bf without it too though - I started with A on a table and now can keep him in place pretty well with just a blanket. (16 weeks, over 95% bf)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now