Talk

Advanced search

Moses Basket lining - can you buy them separate?

(15 Posts)
jaqphil Mon 28-Mar-05 16:44:25

Does anyone know where I can purchase the linings for a moses basket without having to buy the basket aswell?

SoupDragon Mon 28-Mar-05 17:22:56

I've never seen them for sale but you can make them. Sure there was a thread about this a lonnnnnnnnnng time ago. Someone managed to come up with a pattern.

moondog Mon 28-Mar-05 17:30:34

Jagphil, I bought one for £5 in Age Concern. it had a vile polyester mix lining with a gross pattern on it. MIL made a new one for me from an old linen sheet, following the pattern.
It's really lovely.

Teaandcake Mon 28-Mar-05 17:53:21

As far as I know you can't actually buy new moses basket linings. In the shop where I work the basket dressings are occasionally shoplifted leaving the basket behind. I guess the whole basket is a little more difficult to hide from the security guard!

moondog Mon 28-Mar-05 17:55:27

T&C, what else do they steal? (Scuse hijack..am intrigued by this. Cashier in tesco yesterday told me top three things are booze,razor blades and as he so delicately put it,wrinkle cream!)

Teaandcake Mon 28-Mar-05 18:53:50

Whole prams have been stolen! One particularly cheeky thief came back some months later attempting to buy the seat unit (it comes in the package if youbuyit)to a stolen pram (he only managed to get the carrycot that was displayed on it first time around). The baby had by then outgrown the carrycot part. It was quite obvious that it was the same pram because it was bright pink!

SoupDragon Mon 28-Mar-05 18:54:54

A pram???!!

Teaandcake Mon 28-Mar-05 19:04:21

We do security tag our products but you must remember that at any given time there are loads of customers using their own prams in the shop, so its sometimes difficult for the guard to tell which prams are shop stock and which belong to customers. There is some funny CCTV footage of a chap running at full speed down the high street with a pink pram!

morningpaper Mon 28-Mar-05 19:20:23

I looked EVERYWHERE for this but ended up making my own (a bit crap but did the job). You'd think somewhere would SELL them wouldn't you?!

SoupDragon Mon 28-Mar-05 21:45:21

There's a pattern on Ebay

moondog Mon 28-Mar-05 22:12:03

lol t&c!! The bloody nerve eh!?

misdee Mon 28-Mar-05 22:16:19

bottles of spirits are stolen a lot. razor blades, batteries, (anything that cost a lot but is small and can fit in a pocket) are also stolen regularly.

we had shoplufters stuffing things insides their babies prams

Teaandcake Mon 28-Mar-05 22:51:44

A bit like Vicky Pollard then!

misdee Mon 28-Mar-05 22:53:40

there was an old man who came in daily, lovely seeming old man. always stopped for a chat. then one week we had new secruity. he caught the old man stealign whisky. turned out he had been doing it for years!!

jaqphil Tue 29-Mar-05 10:02:44

Thanks. My sewing skills are appalling/along with my lightfingerdness.... and I am imminently due...I'll need to see if I can persuade a handy sewing relative!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: