Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Car seats - which one have you got and would you recommend it?

(10 Posts)
Tinker Mon 28-Mar-05 16:08:28

Find the whole subject quite yawnsome I'm afraid but realise I've got to get one. Have seen this one on babies r us website . Any good? Have looked at the recommendations on here but bit out of date now maybe? Help.

kid Mon 28-Mar-05 16:13:00

We had a basic carseat that you could take out of the car which was a good idea. It meant baby could stay asleep and not be disturbed. They are very uncomfortable to hold we found. I'm not sure if the ones with a 'S' shaped handle are more comfortable.

Tinker Mon 28-Mar-05 17:52:52

Enid Mon 28-Mar-05 18:01:00

We had a baby Maxi cosi for dd1 which was very hard and basic, then had deluxe rock a tot for dd2 - very nice, would recommend.

Maxi Cosi Priori brilliant second stage bTW

Yorkiegirl Mon 28-Mar-05 18:15:00

Message withdrawn

WigWamBam Mon 28-Mar-05 18:22:01

I'd highly recommend the Rock-a-Tot as well, we had one as part of the Britax travel system and it was excellent. We then moved on to the Britax Renaissance, which was also extremely good.

Hulababy Mon 28-Mar-05 20:30:29

We had the Maxi Cosi Citi which was very good.

pixel Mon 28-Mar-05 23:39:56

yep loved our Rockatot. It was especially useful to us because our Peugeot has very short seatbelts which just won't fit around some rearward facing seats. The rockatot gave two different ways of fixing it in the car so the short seatbelts weren't a problem. Also, we could lift the baby in and out of the seat without necessarily unbuckling the seatbelt which saved some messing about. Oh, and ds seemed very comfy in it!

vickiyumyum Tue 29-Mar-05 09:54:20

would def recommend the rock a tot in whichever version you decide on. i have had 2 of them the normal rock a tot which is the one on the toys r us website (looks like a bargain) and the deluxe which i brought from john lewis and although it had a sliding head rest so was easier to adjust the shoulder strap height as baby grew, not really worth the extra money as rock a tot is a great product anyway.
i recommended this to most of my friends and most brought it and those that didn't ended up borrowing mine when theirs wasn't what they had hoped for!

Tinker Tue 29-Mar-05 15:30:42

Thanks all. Bought it today, seemed to good a bargain to miss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now