Talk

Advanced search

hippychick.....does it work? back pain...8 months old....

(6 Posts)
sasa15 Sat 26-Mar-05 10:50:45

still not crawling....going up and down in the stairs.... for how long I can use....if I buy one.....!!!!

lmccrean Sat 26-Mar-05 10:56:17

I used one for 18months - til dd was 30lbs and i got a back carrier instead. I have a bad back that flares up occasionally. the first few times I used it, i was sore, but it was because I was overcompensating, and still sticking my hip out.

I saw one on the net that had storage on the inside of the seat, which the hippychick seat dosent - will have a wee check for you.

Tommy Sat 26-Mar-05 11:36:14

I certainly found mine helpful but only used it for a few months as I got pregnant again and DS1 had to learn to walk everywhere. I used it for DS2 as well but then again only for a short while. If you can try one out would really reccommend it - perhaps borrow one or go to a shop and have a go (John lewis - where we got ours from).

jane313 Sat 26-Mar-05 11:40:40

Yes it helped with my back pain. It sort of gave support and it reminded me to do everything carefully with stomach muscles sucked in etc! I didn't use it that much more for going up and downs stairs and at a singing/music thing doing the grand old duke of york! My son was a real heavyweight so I didn't use it for day out etc.

milge Sat 26-Mar-05 11:59:57

Yes, it really does spread their weight around rather than concentrating it on your hip/lower back. I put off buying one as i wasn't sure it would fit around my size 20 middle, but it did, with room to spare too. highly recommended.

jane313 Sat 26-Mar-05 12:07:31

You can get belt extensions if you buy it from their website, I found out after I got mine locally! Luckily I just squeezed into it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: