Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

advice re pushchair/pram please

(26 Posts)
mckenzie Fri 25-Mar-05 14:49:43

I'm sure that this has been done to death but my searches haven't found the answers to my actual question so here goes....

I'm on baby no 2 and have a Mamas and Papas 3 in 1 from the first baby that is in excellent condition but because you have to take the pram/pushchair off the chassis to put it into the car it's rather a pain. I have a brand new Maclaren Techno XT that i'll use later on (got it as a replacement when the airline busted our Mamas and Papas buggy last year) and I also have a Mothercare Urban Detour 3 wheeler which I used constantly for DS and love.

However, DD is only 2 weeks old and I want her in a proper forward facing pram style for now but one that is smooth, collapses easily and has swivel wheeels.
My friend has a Gesslein Highlight which would seem to fit my criteria but I'm not sure where in the UK I can get one (it's a german make).

Can anyone recommend anything else that will fit my criteria please? I would hope to sell the Mamas and Papas 3 in 1 to put the money towards the new one so not too fussed about price (within reason).

NomDePlume Fri 25-Mar-05 14:53:17

Forward facing, as in facing the road, not you ? Can you do a link to the Gesslein one so we can see what you have in mind ?

blueteddy Fri 25-Mar-05 14:55:01

What about the M&P pliko pramette?
That is lightweight, has swivel wheels & collapses right down.
With the pramette bit, it faces forward.

NomDePlume Fri 25-Mar-05 14:56:35

is thisthe gesslein highlight ?

NomDePlume Fri 25-Mar-05 15:00:28

Mamas & Papas Pliko pramette

NomDePlume Fri 25-Mar-05 15:03:36

Bebecar Multipla 2in1

LittleRedRidingHood Fri 25-Mar-05 15:03:45

Hi MAckenzie You can get one very similar to ndp link - Ill find you a link!

blueteddy Fri 25-Mar-05 15:07:20

I would definitely have bought a pliko pramette if they had been around before ds2 was born.
They seem perfect!

NomDePlume Fri 25-Mar-05 15:08:07

i've seen a hauck one very similar to that link of gesslein highlife...

mckenzie Fri 25-Mar-05 15:13:38

sorry Nondeplume, I meant to say that i want her to face me but with the option of forward facing perhaps for later on. Thanks for these links so far, i'll take a look.

mckenzie Fri 25-Mar-05 15:14:29

and it turns out the Gesslein highlight has now been discontinued and replaced by the Trend which is £450.

hub2dee Fri 25-Mar-05 15:18:32

Check out bertinistrollers.com or google Bertini prams for this sort of style with swivel wheels - front AND back on some !

NomDePlume Fri 25-Mar-05 15:21:36

bebcar m city

Cosatto Active

kiddicare range of 2 in 1 buggies

blueteddy Fri 25-Mar-05 15:24:10

And have a look on kiddicare.com
They have lots on there & the pliko pramette's are only £269.
Once you stop using the pramette bit, it becomes a nice forward facing pushchair which folds up small & can be carried with one hand.

blueteddy Fri 25-Mar-05 15:24:42

Someone beat me to it!

mckenzie Fri 25-Mar-05 19:48:21

thanks all. I shall go and look at the Pramette asap. I like the look of the Bertini strollers as well. Just need to find a local stockist.

mckenzie Fri 25-Mar-05 20:22:03

okay, still need more suggestions please. DH thinks that the wheels on the pramette are too small and so will make it to flimsy - he would like something with bigger wheels for comfort etc. Any more ideas please?

NomDePlume Fri 25-Mar-05 21:03:22

a couple with bigger wheels here

tassis Fri 25-Mar-05 21:15:18

I think the carrycot of the pliko prammette is very small. It seemed considerably smaller than the carrycot of my mamas and papas 3 in 1 and ds wasn't even in that for terribly long.

NomDePlume Fri 25-Mar-05 21:15:59

This in the 2in1 guise is lovely

hub2dee Fri 25-Mar-05 23:44:28

Maybe this is way off, but a Mountain Buggy Urban with a carryot might work ? (Perhaps the size when folded rules this out ?)

hunkermunker Fri 25-Mar-05 23:58:26

How about this?

hunkermunker Fri 25-Mar-05 23:59:27

Ah, just read "collapses easily". Maybe not with the carrycot on it then! But without, it's still nice (and the seat faces both ways).

Teaandcake Mon 28-Mar-05 18:26:15

Have looked at the Mutsy Urban Rider here . The seat faces both ways, it has big wheels and is also steerable. The front and back axles are linked by an articulated chassis (a bit like an articulated truck).

Teaandcake Mon 28-Mar-05 18:28:19

Sorry, never done a link before. Look on www.buggyland.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now