Talk

Advanced search

Baby cycle helmets - any good ones?

(6 Posts)
Rowlers Thu 24-Mar-05 22:32:12

DD just turned one - DP desperate for us to get out on bikes with her.
She tried an "Apex" baby cycle helmet on today and hated it.
Are they all much of a muchness or can anyone recommend a good one?
Thanks!

bethski Thu 24-Mar-05 22:50:15

We bought one for our ds when we was about 1 - I think it is a Raleigh one (bought from local bike shop) and has a turning wheel on the back to tighten it once you've put it on his head. I can't remember what the name of the helmet is, but if it's any help, it's red & blue with spiders on it (sounds scary, but looks funky!). Will try to put photo on my member profile for you to see it - it's not very girly, but nice and sturdy, and my ds loves wearing it - tends to ask for it whenever we're outside!

bethski Thu 24-Mar-05 22:59:10

Wow! Have actually managed to upload photo!

bensmum3 Fri 25-Mar-05 08:54:03

We have MET cycle helmets,Ours are called buddy, they are very adjustable and have air vents so little heads don't get too hot, ds age 21 months and dd age 10 have exactly the same one and it fits them both, they cost a little more than some but will last for years, they also have a crash warranty, if its damaged they will replace it.
It is a good idea to get someone in a bike shop to show you how to fit them properly as a poorly fitting helmet can cause more injury than not wearing one at all.

Surfermum Fri 25-Mar-05 09:57:22

We've just got a bike seat for dd and tried dsd's old helmet on for size. She loved it as it had Winnie the Pooh on it and she insisted on wearing it to eat her breakfast and going to toddler group in it! Can't get attached to a teddy like other children!!

I can't wait to get out on our bikes now the weather's better. We have a family pub near us very cyclable to ...... roll on the summer!

Rowlers Fri 25-Mar-05 11:35:51

Thanks everyone - well done Bethski on the pic - very cute!
Will look up your suggestions.
Thanks again

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: