Talk

Advanced search

Checked dungaree shorts for a 2 year old boy

(11 Posts)
tassis Thu 24-Mar-05 19:13:26

Here's the thing - last summer my wee one lived in gorgeous checked dungaree outfits. I saw some adorable ones today in Gap, but they don't go past age 2 and we'd need 2-3. So I looked in M&S and Next. The Next directory has denim ones and OK beige striped ones. I know it's a bit early in the season, but has anyone seen any non-denim short dungarees (preferably checked)for a 2 year old boy?

vickiyumyum Thu 24-Mar-05 20:26:08

i always used to get mine from Next or Gap, for the last seven years since ds no1 was born, but they are a bit short on the ground this year. i have hunted high and low and the only decent ones so far have been in debenhams, but they only went up to 2-3, although perfect for you.
looked on their website and theres not a picture of them. sorry.
i can only presume that we are being a bit premature and that thay will start appearing in a shop near us soon.

tassis Fri 25-Mar-05 13:38:18

Dh and ds are in shorts today! Squeezed my ds into last summers 12-18 month ones this morning! The sun's shining here in Scotland so we've decided it's time for summer clothes (bet it snows next week)!

blueteddy Fri 25-Mar-05 13:56:08

What about vertbaudet?
My Mum has brought me back some gorgeous oshkosh ones from America, but I guess that is a little far to go!!!

blueteddy Fri 25-Mar-05 13:56:54

You could always check out ebay too!

tassis Fri 25-Mar-05 17:30:14

Thanks for metioning oshkosh, blueteddy! Boots has started selling their stuff so I'll check out there.

WigWamBam Fri 25-Mar-05 18:11:21

Boots do have some Oshkosh short dungarees in at the mo, I think they're pinstripe rather than check but they're really nice.

bee3 Fri 25-Mar-05 18:15:40

These aren't checked but striped, and I think they're great.
Vertbaudet - have a look!

tassis Fri 25-Mar-05 18:51:41

Bee3, the verbaudet ones are exactly what I had in mind. Thanks for that! I love them. I'm so relieved to have found some, such a cute look!

tassis Fri 25-Mar-05 18:54:16

Oh, I've just re-looked at the verbaudet ones and I'm not convinced they're shorts. What does anyone else think? Might have to get them anyway...

steppemum Fri 25-Mar-05 22:01:07

umm...just a thought, my ds lived in dungarees for the last 2 years, shorts in the summer and long ones in the winter, I love them because trousers all fall down. BUT we are now potty training, and any sort of dungarees are a nightmare, we have abandoned them for trousers. Not sure if potty training is on you agenda, but just thought I'd mention it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now