Talk

Advanced search

buggies for big boys

(10 Posts)
vickiyumyum Thu 24-Mar-05 13:14:37

help i'm stumped! my car was broken into and the only things of value that they stole was my sons maclaren techno and my micralite. the insurance are not going to pay up as my alarm wasn't turned on.DOHHH! i am now in the progress of trying to find a cheap buggy for a big 3 year old (only just 3) he doesn't use it all the time but like to get in if hes tired or bored
i really love my micralite but it was getting too small for him anyway and i don't really want to pay the price for a techno. was going to buy the M&P pulse but not sure when i got there.
Any suggestions?

NomDePlume Thu 24-Mar-05 13:16:03

No advice for buggy, but am on your behalf that the insurance have found a loophole and won't be paying you.

Bozza Thu 24-Mar-05 13:16:35

Would be tempted to get a second hand at that age. Probably won't be in it much longer.

vickiyumyum Thu 24-Mar-05 13:18:48

thanks NomDePlume. i'm too. the one time i have to make a claim and they don't pay up.

vickiyumyum Thu 24-Mar-05 13:19:49

was looking at secondhand ones on ebay, but they all want too much money not prepared to pay that much for a secondhand buggy. will check out freeads. already looked on the for sale board on mumsnet.

fairydust Thu 24-Mar-05 13:42:28

what's your budget?

tassis Thu 24-Mar-05 13:51:05

Love my maclaren quest. Ds is nearly 2 and has lots of room in it still. It was £60 from kiddicare.

vickiyumyum Thu 24-Mar-05 20:20:59

budget now theres a good question, as little as possible although it does need to recline slightly for when hes asleep, but i suppose around the £100 mark, could go higher if it was a perfect buggy, after all could always use it for the next one!

fairydust Thu 24-Mar-05 21:50:54

www.kiddicare.com are the cheapest around and there service is next to non.

QueenEagle Thu 24-Mar-05 21:58:12

When looking for a pushchair for ds3 one of the widest seats I found was on a Mamas & Papas freestyler, it was this which persuaded me to buy it. At £270 though I guess it's a bit pricey for a 3 yr old unless you plan on having any more!!! Maybe you could find one on e-bay?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: