Talk

Advanced search

Cheap duvet for junior bed

(7 Posts)
america Wed 17-Dec-08 11:30:41

I've just bought a new bed for DS1 and am now looking for a first ever duvet for a child. Any recommendations? The cheaper the better but should be ok quality and delivered by Xmas...

shootRudolphinthehip Wed 17-Dec-08 11:33:50

You can buy them on ebay- I hunted everywhere and could only get really expensive ones. John Lewis sell them as do Mothercare but they are a little on the expensive side. I bought a single duvet and doubled it up for my LO. He sometimes sleeps inbetween it like a sandwich- extra warm.

sammybeth Wed 17-Dec-08 11:36:26

I just use a normal duvet too and tuck it in lots at the sides and bottom, it keeps them snuggly. Also you wont need to buy another one when they move onto a normal size single bed.

america Wed 17-Dec-08 11:46:16

Thanks. He's only 19MO and looks tiny so I thought a normal duvet would be wayyyy too big for him... Good point though, I guess normal size bed linen is cheaper too?

sammybeth Wed 17-Dec-08 11:47:54

My ds was 16 months when he went into a bed and was perfectly ok with normal size duvet and yes its def cheaper. Just tuck it in lots.

america Wed 17-Dec-08 11:51:02

Another stupid question, what tog is yours? At a glance they seem to come either on 4.5 or 9 togs...

ingles2 Wed 17-Dec-08 11:55:26

we have a normal size duvet on a junior bed. Chances are he'll be in it for a number of years so pick a cheap option now. When he's not in it, I make the bed with the duvet folded in half and at night I use it to tuck him in. He loves his bed bless him.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: