Talk

Advanced search

Sandpits - advice

(15 Posts)
lunavix Wed 23-Mar-05 21:34:55

I want to get ds a sandpit for his birthyday, one of the 'sit-in' ones as opposed to the table sorts, but I need one with a good lid as we have a lot of cats in the neighbourhood. Does anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking the blue seashell one like I had when I was small, but dp seems to remember the wind blew the lids off those quite easily. ANy advice would be great thanks

RTKangaMummy Wed 23-Mar-05 21:37:10

we have the boat shaped one with river lid

think it is TP

We put ZIP LOCK bags on top filled with sand to weight sdown lid to stop blowing away

Blossomhill Wed 23-Mar-05 21:39:37

RTKanga - where did u get that from???

tassis Wed 23-Mar-05 21:40:43

John Lewis has had the boat one with lid previous summers

RTKangaMummy Wed 23-Mar-05 21:42:06

My Mum and DAD

about 6 years ago

RTKangaMummy Wed 23-Mar-05 21:42:35

No actually GAMLEYS

thedogmother Wed 23-Mar-05 21:44:05

We have a tortoise shaped one with lid, it has stayed on in most conditions. Think it came from TRUs although was several years ago now.

RTKangaMummy Wed 23-Mar-05 21:44:48

here they are

Scroll down to the bottom

our lid is white though

pixel Wed 23-Mar-05 22:12:03

I was interested to see this thread as we have been looking at sandpits for ds's birthday too. We are quite interested in the wooden one at Argos. It says there is a cover but there is no picture of it. Does anyone know if it's any good? It just seemed to be a bit bigger than the plastic ones.

Lunavix, sorry for hijacking!

RTKangaMummy Wed 23-Mar-05 22:13:59

Don't know about wooden one

THe boat can fit 2 children in

RTKangaMummy Wed 23-Mar-05 22:15:44

is this it?

RTKangaMummy Wed 23-Mar-05 22:16:31

It does look much bigger

pixel Wed 23-Mar-05 22:20:12

That's the one. We thought it could become a raised flower bed type thing when it is outgrown!

lemonice Wed 23-Mar-05 22:27:19

We had great success digging one out of the lawn and making a frame to cover with two by two and greenhouse mesh to cover lasted for years. And plenty deep enough and big enough for group of kids. Also cheap.

tassis Fri 25-Mar-05 17:32:19

Lunavix, last night we decided on the lovely wooden one from argos. Today I went to B&Q and they have a very similar one with a lid for £20!! It's a bit smaller and doesn't have the seat bits at the side, but we're delighted. Bargain!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: