Talk

Advanced search

La Redoute - has anyone actually had something delivered?

(23 Posts)
Pinotmum Wed 23-Mar-05 17:23:08

the reason for asking is because after about 3 attempts to get 1 pair of boots I have now been told they have been delivered to me. However, my feet are bootless and as it is now Spring I've told them to forget it. I have tried both telephone and internet ordering and am quite frankly not impressed. I am reluctant to try them out again. Has anyone anything positive to report?

Merlin Wed 23-Mar-05 17:25:19

I've ordered bedding from them recently online - had no probs with delivery etc. Sorry - perhaps you were just unlucky, but if they are saying they delivered the boots, surely if they didn't come to you a card would have been left if you were out, or has a neighbour got them?

kid Wed 23-Mar-05 17:26:19

Did you use a discount code with them?
I ordered several items last year and all were delivered sucessfully.

Hopefully you haven't paid in advance (?) but either way, send them an email telling them that you no longer require the boots and that you want a refund within X amount of time.

lou33 Wed 23-Mar-05 17:27:37

never had a problem with delivery, only availability

Pinotmum Wed 23-Mar-05 17:30:23

I didn't get a card through the door to say who they left them with but apparently a signature has been received. They will send me the delivery sheet. I don't think they expect me to pay as the woman was very reasonable on the phone but I am peeved hat I never got them despite 3 attempts to order them. They were out of stock twice (after showing as in stock) and now this. I am just not meant to have these boots

fishie Thu 24-Mar-05 12:01:47

oh i just hate them, my first order was dumped on doorsetp and stolen. foolishly gave them a second chance with a maternity top in november, which was undelivered FIVE TIMES and i finally gave up trying to get in feb. and then they tried to charge me for postage!

i think they employ local courier companies - if you don't get something first time, the company is useless and will never deliver anything so best to just give up as redoute will not help.

Pamina3 Thu 24-Mar-05 12:04:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mothernature Thu 24-Mar-05 12:07:06

Always had good service from them, must just be where I live and love the freebies I get for ordering...

Eowyn Thu 24-Mar-05 12:42:59

Get really good service, delivery man worked out my name & was so very friendly I got dh to open the door in the end. He used to come early eve so v convenient.

elliott Thu 24-Mar-05 12:45:50

I've not had a problem with delivery but sometimes things are unavailable for ages. they do arrive eventually though!

Lonelymum Thu 24-Mar-05 12:55:32

I have used La Redoute for a number of years and never had a problem with delivery. They did once charge me twice for one thing and when I didn't see the mistake, charged me interest on the money outstanding, but they were perfectly good when this came to light and withdrew the interest charge. I think delivery must come down to your local courier as they use local people, they recruit from customers as far as I can see. Would do it myself actually if the vacancy arose....

MistressMary Thu 24-Mar-05 13:24:26

i ordered stuff once and it was shoved in the box outside. wrong stuff came. it was freebie order though. wouldnt bother again.

Reethi Thu 24-Mar-05 13:50:12

I requested a catalogue 12 times and still have never received one! I ordered some kids clothes off of one of those promotional type leaflets and never received them. Everytime I ring they say they have been sent to me. I don't believe them because I am in most days and receive deliveries from the NEXT directory.

nutcracker Thu 24-Mar-05 13:51:29

I have only ordered once from them and it was a right fiasco, so have never ordered anything since.

vicdubya Thu 24-Mar-05 14:10:27

I also tried to order something once and it was a disaster too.

I placed my order by phone, and rang them a week later to check when it would be delivered, to be told they couldn;t yet tell me but it would be within the stated delivery time (we were moving house so I was anxious it got delivered to the right place).

A couple days later I rang again only to be told that they had no record whatsover of my order and there was nothing on it's way to me.

I was quite worried because I had given my cc details to the person I placed the order with and I just wondered if sometimes call centre staff could possibly be using people's details fraudulently.

Sorry to anyone who may work in a call centre, do let me know if this isn;t actually possible, but they guy sounded like he was on drugs or something anyway.

I would have followed it up & made a complaint but tbh with moving I didn;t get round to it.

Not doing very well, are they?!

Pinotmum Thu 24-Mar-05 14:13:36

Thanks everyone, I think I stick with my gut instinct and shop elsewhere. It's so infuriating though isn't it when you wait and wait and then nothing arrives

boobie Thu 24-Mar-05 14:57:31

have used them for ages and always received good service. Lots of bargains on internet sale section and discounts for being good customer. Baby clothes sizes can be confusing though.

Kayleigh Thu 24-Mar-05 15:17:25

Have used them a few times and never had any problems. Also been fine about returns and refunds.

p36563 Tue 16-May-17 16:44:07

Worse company I have ever dealt with. Have ordered twice from them and on both occasions (one clothing, one bedding) delivery has been unacceptably delayed. Worse still is the lack of information. Nothing more than a message to say, "there is a delay on your order." Have spoken / emailed to request estimated delivery time and response is always the same, "There is a delay on your order." I'm like, no sh*t Sherlock!"
Just tell me what I want to know - the delivery date, or an estimate at the very least!
I will never order from this company again. If they're running an internet business, then they need to get with the times. STAY AWAY and shop elsewhere is my advice.

MoominFlaps Tue 16-May-17 16:53:04

This thread is from 12 years ago confused

AgathaF Tue 16-May-17 16:58:43

Wonder if LaRedoute have improved in the 12 years since this post was started?

p36563 Tue 16-May-17 19:54:13

Clearly not!

p36563 Tue 16-May-17 19:56:42

Re problems with couriers, at least offer Collect+ delivery. In that respect have moved on in 12 years ... except there's nothing to collect because they haven't got round to dispatching anything :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now