Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Babydan or stokke tripp trapp

(19 Posts)
sue31 Wed 23-Mar-05 13:21:47

read with interest the other highchair threads. definately want a wooden push under the table, join in with the family type chair! unable to get to a shop to view these 2, does anybody know the differences? babydan seems a lot cheaper?!

Satine Wed 23-Mar-05 13:37:10

I haven't seen the babydan chair but I have a tripp trapp and love it. My son used it as a high chair and a normal chair and now my daughter is in it and under the food it is still in really good nick, even though I once left it out in the garden overnight in the rain! You can't fold it away but it looks nice and it's so sturdy and robust that my children climb all over it and it doesn't tip over. It is expensive but absolutely worth it - I shouldn't think you'd find many second hand ones as it can be used for so long! I know this doesn't answer your question but I hope it helps a little!

sue31 Wed 23-Mar-05 14:08:50

satine, do you think with a 10mth old the baby section and obviously the cushion are required, takes the whole thing up to 150.00, seems pricey but i have heard rave reviews.

bundle Wed 23-Mar-05 14:09:30

imo don't need baby bits for 10 mth old

NotQuiteCockney Wed 23-Mar-05 14:11:44

I'd say no to the cushion, for sure. It's just a hassle, and makes the whole thing harder to clean.

I'm not sure about the baby bits - if your child is inclined to fling himself off a chair, you need the baby bits. If not, then you're ok without. (You might be able to find someone to sell you the baby bits second-hand, although beware: they changed the design two years ago, I think, so you'd need moderately new baby bits to go with a new chair.)

pinkmama Wed 23-Mar-05 14:16:06

I got teh trip trap for my dd, she now 7 and refuses to relinquish the chair, so we had to buy a new one for ds, just used same baby bar. We only got the baby bar for ours, which I used till ds was quite old as he did tend to chuck himself about a bit, never had the high back or the cushion. Not seen teh babydan, but interms of long term use I think the trip trapp is fab.

NotQuiteCockney Wed 23-Mar-05 14:17:17

pinkmama, I can't see what they've changed on them, probably the old baby bar would work on the new chair. I just convinced DS1 to move to the new chair and give his old chair to DS2. He certainly was refusing to move to a grown-up chair, and I can't say I blame him.

bundle Wed 23-Mar-05 14:17:37

the babybits on our older version include a rounded higher seat back - we just bought a set of reins to keep dd in there.

pinotgrigio Wed 23-Mar-05 14:19:23

I've got a tripp trapp & love it. Now DD is a toddler I've taken off the baby bits and she sits up at the table with us at the correct height, with no foot swinging.

I spent some time living overseas when DD was between 9-13 months, and then I had a Prima Pappa, which for the age group was much better.

If I had my time again, and a huge wad of cash, I'd start off with the Prima Pappa and then upgrade to the Tripp Trapp at about 2yrs.

Satine Wed 23-Mar-05 15:20:55

The bar and strap is essential for babies who might slip off and the back cushion is good to stop them clonking their heads but I haven't used the seat cushion - too much of a pain to keep taking it off to wash it! My daughter is 10 months and I still use the baby bar and strap as she is very grabby and regularly lunges at anything she thinks she might be able to eat!

tarantula Wed 23-Mar-05 15:27:49

I got my tripp trapp and baby bit from back in action for £107 they took £5 off cos Id spotted it cheaper somewhere else but I notice theyve matched the price now. Twoleftfeet are doing it for 120 all in.

Hulababy Wed 23-Mar-05 18:14:22

We have a Tripp Trapp and love it.

LIZS Wed 23-Mar-05 18:20:57

We have a Tripp Trapp for dd and wish I 'd got one for ds. She's now 3 1/2 and we still use the cushion. She was small so bar was ok until about 18 months when she wanted to climb in and out. You may be able to get just the front bar rather than a full baby package to reduce the cost.

posyhairdresser Wed 23-Mar-05 18:22:16

Tripp trapp is more attractive!

kate100 Wed 23-Mar-05 18:26:26

I've got the babydan formy little one, as I couldn't tell the difference between that and the trip trap. It's great, it really makes DS feels like he's part of the meal time. The cushion washes really well in the machine and the food wipes off easily too.

jennifersofia Wed 23-Mar-05 19:52:22

This is going to sound ridiculous, but aesthetically, I just like the look of the TT better - I can only justify that by the fact that it is in my living room and I have had to look at it for 4 years now...plus it is a brilliant highchair! We did use the baby bar thingy, which can be a little awkward to shoehorn your child into, but not when you get the hang of it, and quite useful when they are little. We never had the cushions, and it wasn't a problem.

binkybetsy Wed 23-Mar-05 20:41:01

Without a shadow of doubt, the Tripp Trapp wins my vote. We have two!

toomanypushchairs Wed 23-Mar-05 20:51:19

we bought the tripp trapp. the difference we saw, was the shape of the sides. the tripp trapp goes straight down in a diagonal line whereas the babydan rounded towards the front.(does that make sense?) it meant that the babydan couldn't be pushed near enough to my table.

sue31 Thu 24-Mar-05 00:28:48

thankyou everybody! toomanypushchairs you have worried me now and i think i will go for the tripp trapp just to be on the safe side with my table! seems like everyone has good things to say about it anyway! i might as well fling more money at it now rather than get fed up with something and have to buy something else later...which repeatedly seems to be happening with me and baby equipment! so i totally get the tag toomanypushchairs thanks everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now