Talk

Advanced search

handsfree home phone

(14 Posts)
hermykne Wed 23-Mar-05 10:16:03

i need a phone for my home with a handsfree option, but also mobile , i cant go on jamming it between my ear and shoulder - i ll end up on a chiropractors bed!
any brillant suggestions please

marthamoo Wed 23-Mar-05 10:16:23

Tights on your head!

coppertop Wed 23-Mar-05 10:19:05

I just knew that someone would suggest tights.

hermykne Wed 23-Mar-05 11:07:45

you messers, get back to work

NotQuiteCockney Wed 23-Mar-05 11:13:49

We bought a BT dect system that does really good speaker phone. I don't know why, but headsets don't seem to exist for the home market.

We didn't buy it for the speaker phone capacity, but I find it really useful while cooking etc, or so that the kids can talk to people with me there to interpret.

RTKangaMummy Wed 23-Mar-05 11:28:32

We have got BT ones will look them up

RTKangaMummy Wed 23-Mar-05 11:34:22

here are our phones

We have got the QUAD pack so they are all round the house

Also we like the keypad lock so the phone can be put down and won't dial out

Also intercom so can talk to each other from garden to house or from one end to other. IYSWIM

hermykne Thu 24-Mar-05 22:12:21

rtkm
thanks i used that link and reserved for pick up tomorrow now i can cook , clean, iron, scrub floors, hoover ( volume control a bonus) wash windows and talk!, marvellous

hub2dee Thu 24-Mar-05 22:54:24

There's a couple of interesting BT models that take your mobile phone's SIM, and copies all the contents to the cordless phone's memory.

This is really handy and rather intelligent.

You then pop the SIM out and replace in your mobile.

You can copy your directory to the other cordless handsets in the house too.

Model name X10 and Synergie (sp. ?). They have built in speakephone - v. good and a corded dangly microphone thing if you'd prefer to keep it in your pocket.

Must also point out that iSynch on Mac OS X (free on all Apples) can synchronise your address book with certain models of mobile phone (via bluetooth or cable). V. handy !

Anteater Thu 24-Mar-05 23:31:32

Use the Synergy at work and the B&O BeoCom 6000 at home. B&O wins in all cases; ease of use,(thumb wheel) address book (held in base station so available to all handsets) and the mobile like functions. Faults are is £££ and is crap in the shower!!

RTKangaMummy Thu 24-Mar-05 23:36:28

A downside to this one is that each handset has its own phone memeory to put in

Actually this is an advantage for us

Because DS has one phone handset with his name on screen and it has all his friends numbers in and our mobile and car phone and grandparents numbers in

So with his handset he can phone any of his contacts

hermykne Sat 26-Mar-05 20:19:11

rtkm what a clever couple you are!

RTKangaMummy Sat 26-Mar-05 20:28:08

Did you get it?

Do you like it?

How many did you get?

2,3 or 4?

hermykne Sun 27-Mar-05 09:53:29

got two, i said to my dh if i see more than 2 phones in this house, you'd think it was hotel, its like t.v's, 4! ridiculous,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now