Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

plasma or lcd?

(9 Posts)
TracyK Mon 21-Mar-05 19:00:48

any bargains out there - or any really fab TVs you know about.
Our normal TV has died and needs replacing.

NomDePlume Mon 21-Mar-05 19:02:46

LCD are good but DO NOT get an LCD Rear Projection. We bought an all-singing all danving Sony one, without realising that the bulbs in them blow with alarming regularity (had ours less than 2 years and had 3 replacements), they cost an enormous £370 each to buy . They are considered a 'consumable' so are not covered by warranties

MistressMary Mon 21-Mar-05 19:04:04

LCD screen, my OH reckons.

giraffeski Mon 21-Mar-05 19:04:42

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Mon 21-Mar-05 19:05:05

Message withdrawn

Hulababy Tue 22-Mar-05 16:53:06

LCD is better quality but still much more expensive, at least for a large one.

We have a big Sony Plasma screen which is great. The picture is excellent quality. It is also incredibly thin - there is little depth to it at all. It's DH's pride and joy

gingerbear Tue 22-Mar-05 17:05:30

best quality 'normal' TV around at the moment

BIL loves his to bits. The picture quality is far superior to LCD and better than smaller screen plasmas.

iota Tue 22-Mar-05 17:12:59

have a look on pricerunner or kelkoo - Sony plasma 42" TV for under £2K - we've had one for a couple of years and paid more than that!

kelkoo

TracyK Thu 24-Mar-05 08:49:41

we ended up getting a hitachi 42" plasma for £899 plus vat. But what I didn't realise was that it is a plasma SCREEN not a TV. which is ok as we have a sky box - but I just assumed it'd be a TV as well.
But the blooming thing is HUGE!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now