Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Laundry Help Please :o) How can I soften DH's jumper ?

(9 Posts)
NomDePlume Mon 21-Mar-05 18:57:44

DH has a lovely jumper which is

52% Silk
41% Cotton
7% Polyamide

I usually wash all the woolies/delicates in Persil Silk & Wool liquid. However this jumper found it's way into the normal wash which is done with Persil non-bio & Comfort Pure fabric conditioner. The jumper has been 'crunchy', cardboardy and stiff ever since. I've tried rinsing it again and rewashing it 3 times in Persil Silk & Wool, no joy. Am I going to have to chuck it out or can I rescue it ?

TIA for any replies, I'm fully aware of sheer dullness of the subject. Perhaps I should've given it a racier title ?

TracyK Mon 21-Mar-05 18:58:53

does ironing it not help? I think it may be dead!

NomDePlume Mon 21-Mar-05 19:00:30

Ironing doesn't really help.

Can I soak it in anything ?

cupcakes Mon 21-Mar-05 19:01:40

I hesitate to say dry it in the tumble drier because it may well shrink but it always produces really soft clothes for us - regardless of whether or not I use fabric conditioner. Maybe just give it a short whirl on the lowest setting...

NomDePlume Mon 21-Mar-05 19:37:04

any more ?

SoupDragon Mon 21-Mar-05 19:41:20

Personally I'd tumble dry it on a cool setting for 10 minutes. On my tumber drier the last 10 minutes are with no heat and this softens clothes up nicely. It's the tumbling rather than the drying that does it. I think.

Nimme Mon 21-Mar-05 19:43:07

Take it to the drycleaners. I did the same with a pair of silky'ish shorts that DH had just bought in America. They went very crunchy - drycleaners rescued for me.

Cod Mon 21-Mar-05 19:43:12

Message withdrawn

humphrey Mon 21-Mar-05 20:21:47

Not sure whether this will work on the jumper but white vinegar in a nappy wash helps soften them up??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now