Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get a nice baby doll for dd?

(9 Posts)
Roobie Mon 21-Mar-05 17:53:06

I want to get dd (almost three) a nice baby doll as a gift from the new baby when it arrives in a few weeks time. I have seen the Baby Born and Baby Annabell ones but tbh find them a tad grotesque what with all the life-like functions etc. I don't really want one with a hole in its mouth for a dummy and/or bottle as I think the hole spoils the overall look and I want it to be bathable (so the battery operated ones are out).
I have trawled the internet but can't seem to see anything suitable ie a simple, hard-bodied doll with moveable arms, legs etc in a nice outfit. Any ideas?

wheresmyfroggy Mon 21-Mar-05 17:55:38

Dd has *My **First *baby Annabell which is a tad smaller than the normal one and doesnt do any of the gross things or make any noise. It is also a bit lighter to carry about ................she loves it

LIZS Mon 21-Mar-05 18:18:24

Baby Chou Chou ?

cazzybabs Mon 21-Mar-05 18:30:32

We got one for dd1 complete with bath and bath things from John lewis for £12, although its just a plastic dolly with bendy limbs.

Hulababy Mon 21-Mar-05 21:04:20

My First Baby Annabel is reduced to £12 in ELC right now.

Also ELC's own make baby doll (no functions like Baby Annabel, etc. but a bigger doll that the above - 46cm I think) is also reduced to £12, and comes with a free accessory pack (worth £10).

Neither of these are bathable though.

LIZS Mon 21-Mar-05 21:13:24

Just realised you want it bathable. There is a brand called Corolle (French I think) which includes bathable ones and they are rather sweet here and here . Some are available here for example prices .

nikcola Mon 21-Mar-05 21:15:15

tiny tears is good she is bathable dd loves hers xxx

crunchie Mon 21-Mar-05 21:19:10

We have the Little Lucy from elc which dd2 loves (she is 4) However she is soft bodied so not suitable for bathing. sorry

Roobie Tue 22-Mar-05 00:39:13

Thanks for the suggestions everybody - I may have to dispense with the bathable idea as I am quite taken with both the first baby Annabell and ELC's little Lucy at the moment. I also like the Corolle Tidoo doll which Urchin have on their website but which they tell me is now discontinued - I'll try the Children's Salon for that now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now