Talk

Advanced search

Stupid question about grass and trampolines...........

(21 Posts)
PuffTheMagicDragon Mon 21-Mar-05 16:42:52

Our garden isn't v big but I reckon we could manage one of the smaller round trampolines. I'd love one this summer.

Problem is, every time I mention it to dh, he puts his "miserable" face on and says it will kill the grass.

Surely because they're elevated, they won't do this? Plus, if it's not a huge one, could we tip it on it's side to let his precious grass get some sun?

If we had a beautiful lawn, lovingly tended by him I'd understand his worries, but its naff out there.

Also, does it all pack down fairly small - we have a v small shed.

iota Mon 21-Mar-05 16:46:32

It didn't kill our grass last yr - in fact the shade it provided in the drought meant that the grass under the trampoline grew greener and thicker than the rest

PuffTheMagicDragon Mon 21-Mar-05 16:47:06

hehehe, thanks iota

iota Mon 21-Mar-05 16:54:32

ours is an 8 ft like these here and the fabrick is like a fine mesh so it lets the light through. You do have to move it slightly (couple of inches) every few days so that the grass under the feet isn't killed.

Merlin Mon 21-Mar-05 17:07:23

Or if he's that worried get him to dig a hole for it!!! Didn't someone else do that on here recently?

PuffTheMagicDragon Wed 23-Mar-05 11:40:40

Merlin!

I'll get the spade out.

Beetroot Wed 23-Mar-05 11:41:13

Message withdrawn

Gobbledigook Wed 23-Mar-05 11:46:39

Oh I think things like worrying about the grass have to go out the window when you've got kids!~

MY BIL hates his dd having the paddling pool out cos it makes the grass yellow if you leave it out - very sad I think!

Gobbledigook Wed 23-Mar-05 11:47:20

So, while we are on about trampolines - can someone tell me if I need to spend a fortune on one or whether a TP one or even B&Q would be just as good for half the price?

I want a 14' one.

Pamina3 Wed 23-Mar-05 14:39:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Marina Wed 23-Mar-05 14:41:12

Ho ho, so it's your parents' grass that will sprout like a triffid/diediedie then Pamina! Nice one

Pamina3 Wed 23-Mar-05 14:52:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

milliways Wed 23-Mar-05 15:44:59

Gobbledigook - woulod say you need to try them out (lots of places let you - it's a great day out!). We went foe a 14' Supertramp as more tightly sprung than TP so takes more weight & supposedly lasts longer.

Also - agree that the grass grows better under it, and is very easy to rotate so legs don't kill the same bit of grass.

golds Wed 23-Mar-05 16:05:18

8ft trampolines in Toys r Us are £69.99 at the moment

nutcracker Wed 23-Mar-05 16:07:06

So in the winter, do you just leave them out then ????
Think ours would stand a good chance of being pinched too.

golds Wed 23-Mar-05 16:29:54

Mines left out all the time

iota Wed 23-Mar-05 16:50:38

mine came in for the winter - just need to get dh to build it again - a little job for Easter I think

bluesky Wed 23-Mar-05 17:01:14

gobbledigook, check out cybercheckout.com for some great trampoline deals.

PuffTheMagicDragon Wed 23-Mar-05 17:06:27

What sort of dimensions do they pack down to? Do they go in a carrybag/box?

stripey Thu 24-Mar-05 17:19:14

Our neighbour has one and it has definitely killed the grass but it is huge. Practically the whole width of the garden and they left it up all winter.

posyhairdresser Thu 24-Mar-05 17:30:00

We have a 12ft one - the grass is fine & it would be a pain in the arse to steal.

It is worth getting all the accessories - cover, safety net and ladder.

I think the pricier ones may be bouncier?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now