Talk

Advanced search

Britax Verve 3 pushchair - any comments?

(15 Posts)
elportodelgato Fri 05-Dec-08 10:26:16

...before i spend money on one?
I have seen it recommended on some consumer sites but wondered if anyone who has one could give me the low-down.
Are they pretty nippy for getting around a city? What kind of space is there underneath for stashing shopping?
Cheers!

MatNanPlusTINSEL Fri 05-Dec-08 12:55:14

where do you want to use it?

age of child?

bits and pieces shopping or a proper shop?

elportodelgato Fri 05-Dec-08 13:05:38

hi there MNPT - i live in london so use it for getting around town - no off-road use at all, and really only bits and pieces shopping as i'd never attempt the supermarket alone... our LO is 6 months now

MatNanPlusTINSEL Fri 05-Dec-08 17:58:34

Should be great, tho i would find a shop with it in stock and take your LO and test in instore as they can handle differently when in use than when empty , test for up and down steps/curbs, turning sharply, the brake, the recline and the harness.

thexmasstockingmonsterofdoom Fri 05-Dec-08 18:01:56

I had a britax verve and had to take it back after I tip[ped it over and landed in a heap on the pavement with pram and dd2 under me, very ery dangerous imo. At the time I was rushing down the road to get the tram to the childrens as dd wasnt very well. only hit a tiny bump. swapped it for a maclaren.

MatNanPlusTINSEL Fri 05-Dec-08 18:03:20

hmm certainly an issue Monster sometimes smaller wheels aren't the best.

Novice what are your reasons for thinking of that particular buggy?

thexmasstockingmonsterofdoom Fri 05-Dec-08 18:37:14

the wheels locked up every little bumop in the pavement you hit, I think the petite star zia is supposed to be better and almost identical.

dizzyjingles Fri 05-Dec-08 18:39:22

I have the verve 4, its now in the shed and I'm using my jane for dog walking etc and a quinny buzz for car/town etc

wouldn't bother if I were you, there are better on the market smile

MatNanPlusTINSEL Fri 05-Dec-08 18:39:41

Must say i'm not a huge fan of small wheels but then each to there own.

Quinny has bigger wheels but similar style seat.

dizzyjingles Fri 05-Dec-08 18:47:50

bruin presto from toys r us has bigger wheels AND a recline facility which the quinny zapp doesn't have

elportodelgato Fri 05-Dec-08 19:46:56

thanks for the advice

I had an old Maclaran which finally broke on me the other day so I urgently need something new and want something different - the Maclaran seemed a bit rickety (but maybe that's because it was 2nd hand when I got it...)

A few consumer sites seemed to recommend the Britax Verve but thanks for your comments thexmasstockingmonsterofdoom and everyone else. I'll look at the other options you suggest. I am going to buy on ebay I hope but perhaps a trip to a shop to try out the various types first would be a good move.

MatNanPlusTINSEL Fri 05-Dec-08 21:22:41

It would definately be a good move to test drive buggy;s you like with your LO in situ to get a good feel for them.

Am not a Mac fan as i don't feel the legs are well supported.

I prefer a complete seat which includes footrest / calf support.

elportodelgato Sat 06-Dec-08 08:45:19

hi there - thanks for all the advice - does the quinny zapp have any storage for shopping underneath? it doesn't look like it from their website...

MatNanPlusTINSEL Sat 06-Dec-08 13:20:47

The Quinny Zapn doesn't it has an attachable low level nappy bag but the Speedi SX does.

nappyaddict Sat 20-Dec-08 01:30:25

Look at the bruin presto xl, petite star zia 3 and 4, petite star whirl, babywelt moon kiss and babywelt moon fit. they are the same sort of thing but cheaper and with a recline.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now