Talk

Advanced search

Highchairs! table top or babydan?

(14 Posts)
babyburps Sun 20-Mar-05 23:35:30

sick of my highchair as tray doesn't remove and 10mth old ds plasters everything with food, so hard to clean and get him in and out. also have flat with very small kitchen and blooming thing in my way! what does everyont think of those clamp on table top chairs? seem quite cute and could chuck whole cover in washer to clean...or a baby dan? only 69.00 at kiddicare and would obviously last much longer...but does it have good harness for 10mth old, hard to c in pics. some help pls!

Evesmama Sun 20-Mar-05 23:36:36

safety first clip to your chair jobby with hight adjustment and removable tray£25 ish..v.good

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Sun 20-Mar-05 23:38:57

Why don't you get the lovely IKEA highchair that has a removable tray and costs a fraction of other prices? We have them for the DTs and they are wonderful. Also if they ever get too covered in food they can be hosed down in the bath. Wonderful!

giraffeski Sun 20-Mar-05 23:40:39

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Sun 20-Mar-05 23:40:53

Message withdrawn

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Sun 20-Mar-05 23:43:16

<<theme tune from The Twilight Zone begins to play>>

babyburps Sun 20-Mar-05 23:50:45

thanku! will go to ikea and investigate!...

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Mon 21-Mar-05 00:05:30

when you go to IKEA you need to make sure to buy the harness. It's sold separately, but ultimately worth it.

bobbybob Mon 21-Mar-05 00:35:29

Another vote for Safety First booster seat with tray. Can push it under the table like the other chairs and good for family meals as tray comes off and it is a booster seat. Ds has been able to climb up and clip himself in since 20 months.

Evesmama Mon 21-Mar-05 08:45:51

bobby bob, dd does the samesince the same age
its like a little climbing frame for her

LittleRedRidingHood Mon 21-Mar-05 08:59:29

Im thinking about getting an antilop too - Marslady do you really think the harness is essential - They dont look very easy to escape from as the seat seems quite small

Trouble is im also very tempted by the blames or gulliver one from ikea - Although not as easy to clean they do look alot nicer - We dont have a separate kitchen so highchair is always visable

But should it it really worth spending £26 £35 when the Antilop for £11.50 will do - It just doesnt look as nice!!!!!

On the other hand Every other wooden highchair i have seen costs a lot more than the ones at ikea - and tbh i prefer the ikea ones!!

LittleRedRidingHood Mon 21-Mar-05 09:03:16

Ikea highchairs

handlemecarefully Mon 21-Mar-05 09:36:47

we use this one

for our 2.9 year old and 11 month old. Easy to clean, stable and look smart.

They also sell them in John Lewis and mail order from Blooming Marvellous.

You might get a better idea of what they look like from this link:

see them here also

Go to page 3 on this link and they are at the bottom 'modelled' by a baby

handlemecarefully Mon 21-Mar-05 09:37:47

No its not modelled by a baby on page 3 - my mistake. But it is pictured in situ fastened to a chair

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: