Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need a new buggy / pushchair ...

(11 Posts)
mummylonglegs Sat 19-Mar-05 21:35:13

I know this question comes up time and again, but ...

I've got around £150 to spend on a new buggy / pushchair. Currently we've got a McLaren Triumph which is brilliantly light, has crap brakes and is generally a bit cramped for dd, now 2.5, who also occasionally needs to nap in it.

What's a good alternative? It needs to be light and fairly small as I'm entirely dependent on public transport. But I'd like something cosier for dd.

mummylonglegs Sat 19-Mar-05 22:01:29

No-one???

... Maybe everyone's bored with this question!

WigWamBam Sat 19-Mar-05 22:04:56

Have you had a look at the reviews on the home page? You might get some good info there.

blueteddy Sat 19-Mar-05 22:06:02

Is the techno not very cosy?
I was considering getting one for my ds, as I love my triumph, but would like something a little more comfortable 4 him.
The only buggy that I can think of that is lightweight & also very padded, is the M&P pliko.
However, I think they are around £180 ish.

lockets Sat 19-Mar-05 22:06:34

Message withdrawn

mummylonglegs Sat 19-Mar-05 22:25:40

I'll check out the reviews page, forgot about that!

I like the look of the Quinny but the fact that the seat doesn't recline plus there's no space anywhere for shopping kind of puts me off.

Fran1 Sat 19-Mar-05 22:30:37

Are you planning on having more children who would get use out of it? Otherwise seems a lot of money to be spent for a very short usage time.

My dd is two and i rarely use it now unless going on long walks.

We have a Mclaren with crap brakes too so can't help with suggestions i'm afraid.

mummylonglegs Sun 20-Mar-05 15:13:19

No, not planning more kids, but I do use it very often as we don't have a car so I have to walk / bus everywhere and wouldn't manage to do shopping etc. without it. Also I have to do quite long trips to my mothers and it's necessary for dd to be able to take her nap in the buggy.

I'm wondering now if there's a huge difference between the McLaren Triumph and the Techno ... anyone think so?

nutcracker Sun 20-Mar-05 15:22:18

Apparently macalrens have different brakes now i think.

katzguk Sun 20-Mar-05 16:38:42

this place were once a buggy hire place and are selling off their stock might eb owrth a look

pushchairs

Pinotmum Sun 20-Mar-05 17:35:51

I've got he Maclaren Quest which is the model between the triumph and the techno. It has a 4 position recling seat and is lightweight. Ds is 2.6 yo and it's fine for him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now