Talk

Advanced search

help me decide. trampoline or swing set.

(27 Posts)
misdee Sat 19-Mar-05 21:02:03

have got enough mone3y for 8ft trampoline or a swing set. have 3 dd's age 5yr, 2.5yr and 3 week old. obviosly the 3week old wont care what i get

PuffTheMagicDragon Sat 19-Mar-05 21:03:51

trampoline (wish we had the room for a big one).

Carla Sat 19-Mar-05 21:08:08

Our trampoline was erected today, and the girls haven't been off it! I know it's the novelty at the mo .... but long may it last!

If I were you I'd go for the swing set. Have you looked at TP's giant swing frame? You can add to it/change things round, so it works out at really good value. Mine particulary liked/still like the rockaboat. With a harness this can take children from when they're 6 months old, and adults can use it with their children too. They like the fact that they can share it with their friends. I'd definately, given their ages, go for the swing set first. Oooooh! How exciting for you and them!!!

Mosschops30 Sat 19-Mar-05 21:09:47

Message withdrawn

pinotgrigio Sat 19-Mar-05 21:10:38

Personally I would prefer a trampoline (trampolined for the county) but my DD is so clumsy I'd be scared that she'd break something. We had so many injuries with the trampoline when I was training I'd be inclined to say that you should go for the swingset.

Just to be awkward though, if you're happy to supervise and it's got plenty of padding then they will definitely have more fun on the trampoline.

misdee Sat 19-Mar-05 21:11:32

i can only afford the basic swing set from toysrus. i'd love the tp smal lto large set (monkey bridge, tent thingy, etc etc) but way out of my price range atm.

how easy to set up the trampoline?

Carla Sat 19-Mar-05 21:12:24

You couldn't keep an eye on them from the kitchen with gay abandon with a trampoline at the mo - I'd be a bit worried cos with the best will in the world it would be quite easy for a 5yo to bounce into/onto a 2.5yo.

Mum2Ela Sat 19-Mar-05 21:12:33

Do you have a tree or similar that you could put a swing on? Ikea do really cheap swing seats and acrobatic-type-rings that you hang from, so you could have boith the trampoline and swing?

misdee Sat 19-Mar-05 21:12:44

will get an enclosure next week for it if i get it. mieows is being delivered monday, maybe i should see how dd2 gets on with it 1st (she is clumsey)

misdee Sat 19-Mar-05 21:13:27

no trees at all in my garden.

Carla Sat 19-Mar-05 21:20:04

How much is it, misdee, if you don't mind me asking? The double TP giant swing frame is only £95, and you could have our nursery swing seat and extension tube. The deluxe swing seat is £17.95. Could it be worth paying a bit more for something that grows with them?

Carla Sat 19-Mar-05 21:21:14

DH put the trampoline up after school yesterday and the safety net thing this morning. He's rather challenged in that department, so it can't be difficult

misdee Sat 19-Mar-05 21:21:48

i only have £70 spare atm. enough for the trampoline.

Carla Sat 19-Mar-05 21:23:03

How big is the trampoline?

misdee Sat 19-Mar-05 21:24:47

8ft.

we do have amini bouncey castle, but it can only have 3 kids on it at a tim, no god when the cousins come round and they all want to play. and its very small.

LIZS Sat 19-Mar-05 21:27:52

For that age range I'd probably go for the swing set, if only that you don't need the constant worry about supervising them so closely. Think I've seen one recently with a slide attachment too, reduced, possibly on the Woolworths site. Or coudl you get a smaller trampoline and a small swing set for £70.

Gobbledigook Sat 19-Mar-05 22:08:17

For me it's the trampoline every time - I'm getting the biggest one I can get this summer and ds's are only 4, 2 and 6 months! All the people I know who have one, or know of people who have them say it's the best thing they ever bought and the kids never tire of it.

sparklymieow Sun 20-Mar-05 00:15:15

I am getting a 10ft delivered on monday, can't wait!!

Beetroot Sun 20-Mar-05 08:18:42

Message withdrawn

louee Sun 20-Mar-05 09:21:18

we bought Dd a trampoline with enclosure and its the best thing since sliced bread!! she loves it even my Ds aged 18 months loves it and they bounce gently together (awww cute!!!)definately a trampoline!! mind you we have got tp frame and every other toy in the garden too!! its a huge garden and would love to get a wooden house for them soon!!!

Gobbledigook Sun 20-Mar-05 10:08:11

How do you put up these trampolines? Is it easy to do it yourself, and once they are up can you move them about or do they pretty much have to stay put?

misdee Sun 20-Mar-05 10:40:58

have decided to buy a swing and some other bits today, and will get the trampoline, enclosure and steps in one go in a few weeks. at least then the kids will be safer.

Beetroot Sun 20-Mar-05 10:44:28

Message withdrawn

PuffTheMagicDragon Mon 21-Mar-05 14:09:18

We don't have a big garden, but could fit one of the smaller round trampolines in.

Every time I mention it though, dh rolls his eyes and says we can't possible have one because the grass underneath will die. Now, as they are elevated off the grass, I don't see the problem.

Can they be tipped on their side when not in use?

How big are they packed up for storing in the winter (we have a v small shed).

sparklymieow Mon 21-Mar-05 14:12:24

Mine has just arrived!!! Want to put it together now, but nextdoor is putting up some new fencing between the gardens so can't do anything atm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: