Talk

Advanced search

Barbie - Princess and the Pauper - Erika

(16 Posts)
Lonelymum Sat 19-Mar-05 20:44:40

This is what my dd really wants for her birthday which is just after Easter but I can't find it anywhere. She already has Barbie - Princess and the Pauper - Anneliese (the blonde one). I have tried various websites but as at the moment we don't have broadband, it is proving too difficult and slow to keep surfing the web. Could anyone be ever so kind and look for me? Thanks.

JanH Sat 19-Mar-05 20:49:27

There are a few on ebay, LM, but at least £20 - looks as if they are rare! Used one on amazon for £40. No new.

I wonder if any of our American friends can help?

misdee Sat 19-Mar-05 20:52:12

the entertainer had some but they didnt sing works, just la la la. i was trying to get one for my dd birthday a few weeks ago but gave up. she despertaly still wants one tho.

you can get the african american version cheaper on ebay.

JanH Sat 19-Mar-05 20:52:32

First one on ebay is from USA, £19.90 + £7 shipping, ends shortly and no bids - worth a punt?

JanH Sat 19-Mar-05 20:53:24

Oh, is there a white one too? Does it matter?

misdee Sat 19-Mar-05 20:56:25

depends on your child (my dd is not racist, but wouldnt want one as its not the same as the film. kids eh!!!)

Aimsmum Sat 19-Mar-05 20:57:28

Message withdrawn

JanH Sat 19-Mar-05 20:58:25

Ah - I know nothing about any of this, misdee - but of course they want what's in the film/book/whatever!

Why aren't there any? Has it not been released here yet? (The doll.)

misdee Sat 19-Mar-05 21:00:11

i have no idea why they are impossible to get. i got annalise no problems, snd she has the shelly dolls as well. just no bloomin Erika. grrr, actually am gonna go post a plea on the heart condition board which is american based

Lonelymum Sat 19-Mar-05 21:15:02

I was looking in shops today. John Lewis has stacks of Annelieses but no Erikas. Why is this? It is so annoying as dd only got Anneliese for Christmas and I always had it in mind to get her Erika for her birthday but didn't actually buy one when I could (there were loads around at Christmas.) So if you wait three months, you miss the boat...

I don't want to rely on ebay as it is so insecure IMO. Does this mean none of you could find her on an ordinary website such as toyshop sites? I couldn't find her on Gamleys or ToysRUs. Anyway, thanks for looking.

Pollyanna Sat 19-Mar-05 21:25:05

I posted a question on this recently and someone recommended www.theentertainer.com - I managed to get hold of an Erica from this site. Don't know if any are left now. Erica

JanH Sat 19-Mar-05 21:57:05

Blimey - it says it's in stock, LM! £19. here

google didn't come up with it - am very disappointed in it!

misdee Sat 19-Mar-05 23:16:05

dont get it!!! its the one that only sings la la la, not the words (well if your dd would be happy with her la la-ing to the songs then get it)

Lonelymum Sun 20-Mar-05 11:14:32

Why do they manufacture one that only sings la la la for goodness sake. And it is no cheaper than the one that sings the words. Oh what to do?

Pollyanna Sun 20-Mar-05 22:30:56

I didn't realise they had one that sang the words too! My dd loves this Erica - i don't think she minds at all.

misdee Sun 20-Mar-05 22:31:48

lonelymum its the european vwersion, its so they dont have to programme each on in a different language.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now