Talk

Advanced search

Funeral flowers

(17 Posts)
nutcracker Fri 18-Mar-05 18:26:50

Have to get some for my grandads funeral. Have a bit of time to decide as it isn't until the 30th, but am very very at the proces i've seen so far, some were into the hundreds.

Not sure what i want really, we wern't close at all and tbh the way he has treated my mom, i would prefer not to send any at all, but anyway I am so, what the hell do i get that doesn't cost an arm and a leg ??

My brother is going halves with me but he is broke too.

nutcracker Fri 18-Mar-05 18:27:32

prices not proces

jampots Fri 18-Mar-05 18:28:31

Nutty - how about you just send a donation to charity, you can get away with just a tenner that way and its less of a waste of money IMO - you've got to be looking at least £30 for a smallish arrangement

Mud Fri 18-Mar-05 18:29:50

send a bouquet of white lillies, you don't need a wreath

if you are going to the funeral, take them with

if you aren't arrange interflora

should be about £20 - £30

nutcracker Fri 18-Mar-05 18:30:32

Thats what i wanted to do, but apparently it has to be flowers. There all mad, the whole bloody family, but anyway, will have to grin and bear it i spose.

Will definatly be having a couple of drinks before i go i think, might help stop me punching someone.

WigWamBam Fri 18-Mar-05 18:31:10

Nutty, the florist in the little cabin behind M&S in Sutton is good and quite cheap, I got a lovely arrangement for a funeral there for less than £15. They're ever so friendly as well, have a chat with them and see what they come up with.

jangly Fri 18-Mar-05 18:31:29

You should be able to get a spray or a posy in oasis for about £30.

nutcracker Fri 18-Mar-05 18:31:52

I am going but don't want to take them to the house because i will have to go in then.

Thanks for the suggestions by the way.

Can't believe some of the prices, what a rip off.

nutcracker Fri 18-Mar-05 18:32:38

Thanks wigwambam, hadn't thought of there, will have a look next week. Do they deliver ???

JanH Fri 18-Mar-05 18:34:39

sympathy flowers from £25, nutty. Any good?

nutcracker Fri 18-Mar-05 18:37:19

Cheers Jan, looks good.

kalex Fri 18-Mar-05 18:40:22

nutty, you dont like them -they don't like you --- don't do anything apart from attend and but the kids something with the money.

HE IS DEAD -- he doesnt care.

kalex Fri 18-Mar-05 18:42:46

God that was a bit harsh, spend on the people that are here and you love rather than floweres

Blossomhill Fri 18-Mar-05 18:43:55

A single white rose is a nice gesture IMO

nutcracker Fri 18-Mar-05 19:00:31

Kalex, that is a very good idea, but if i don't get flowers it will only cause my mom more probs, which i don't want to do.

Am only going to the funeral for my mom really.

kalex Fri 18-Mar-05 19:14:26

Then a single rose would be what I would do. You have payed your mark of respect and if they don't like then, "Tough"

WigWamBam Sat 19-Mar-05 15:58:12

Not sure if the little florist in the cabin delivers - I picked mine up, but I think they are a Teleflorist, and they deliver. They're called Floral Express, 321 3585.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now