Talk

Advanced search

STROLLERS REVIEW ADVICE PLS??!

(17 Posts)
babyburps Fri 18-Mar-05 11:02:38

sick of my mama an papas heavy pliko, live up stairs! looking for a second hand stroller, considering maclaren as good durability reputation. volo? is it going to be too uncomfortable for a 10mth old, he's quite a big boy 11kg. volo is very lightweight but if u add the padding extras its almost as heavy as a quest, should i just go for that? techno's seem to have good press but there about 7.5kg so getting heavier. i'm 5'9 volo and quest only have handle height of 104, techno's is 111. ...also does it matter what edition i get? is there any big difference between 2003, 2004, 2005! help me?! getting confused

misdee Fri 18-Mar-05 11:08:12

have u looked at a triumph?

babyburps Fri 18-Mar-05 11:10:18

would a triumph be better than i quest?! i like the look of the red triumph! getting confused by all the specs! main priority is weight cos so tired of my heavy one. think maybe need recline seat cos ds only little

Hulababy Fri 18-Mar-05 11:11:37

We have the Volo, but didn't bother with the extra accessories at all. DD has used it since being about a year old and has always been happy in it as it was. Particularly in the summer it is good as the mesh material doesn't make them sweat too much.

Not sure about the height issue. I am 5 foot and Dh is 6 foot 1, and we both manage fine with the Volo.

WigWamBam Fri 18-Mar-05 11:12:35

I'm 5'9" too, and my Quest was fine. It was also manageable for my 6'2" dh.

misdee Fri 18-Mar-05 11:16:48

the triumph is lighter than the quest, heavier than a Volo, but still a very light buggy whihc folds down well. it comes with raincover and hood. dh is 6ft and can push it easily.

misdee Fri 18-Mar-05 11:17:14

its diesnt fully recline tho. but reclines enough for them to nap in.

madgirl Fri 18-Mar-05 11:19:03

have you looked at the mamas and papas pulse?? it's new.
the only thing about the triumph that i didn't like was the recline mechanism which i found awkward.

misdee Fri 18-Mar-05 11:19:54

the clip? i find it very easy.

babyburps Fri 18-Mar-05 11:21:21

worth a look. am not keen on mamas and p's right now! have very steep staircase and have literally been throwing this pushchair down and dragging it back up, keep getting bashed in the shins!

cornishbird Fri 18-Mar-05 11:29:38

I've got a triumph which is ok, brought it to take on plane as v.light. No probs with it apart from I find it doesn't let my boy sit upright/forward enough with the shoulder straps on and he's constantly trying to lean forward to see whats going on to either side! Find the clip easy and it folds up really small. Raincover a bit of a pain in the bum to get on when new, I found especially in a heavy shower!

cornishbird Fri 18-Mar-05 11:30:56

oh and a bit of a squash for a big boy (mine now 22m) especially in winter with coat on!!

babyburps Fri 18-Mar-05 13:59:30

hmmm..mayb not the triumph if its not going to last him, he already hates being restricted...anybody tried a quest?

misdee Fri 18-Mar-05 14:00:46

dd2 is 100cm tall and weighs 40lb and can fit in the triumph no problems.

Fimbo Fri 18-Mar-05 14:09:40

I have a Quest, my ds is big (30lbs ish) and his feet are down to the footrest already. It is a bit of a squash with a bulky winter jacket on but he can fit more comfortably with a summer weight jacket. Although having said that my skinny minny dd who is nearly 7 can fit in it too!!. The major drawback is the raincover because it doesn't cover the whole buggy, it only clips on to the side of the hood and if you are caught in a particularly heavy downpour the buggy does get soaking wet. Also you have to be very careful with the hood, my fil (bless him) carried it for me on the tube escalators last summer and pulled the hood forward and has knackered it a bit. The good point is it does recline in two positions for sleeping. HTH

WigWamBam Fri 18-Mar-05 14:28:22

My Quest has been fine. My dd (who is over 40lb and very tall) used it with no problems until she was 3. I had to dig it out again last month to get her to the doctors, and she's a bit too long for it now, but she's nearly 4 and in age 6 clothes, so you shouldn't struggle to get a younger child in it! I never found the waterproof cover a problem; yes, the hood can get wet, but it dries out pretty quickly. I can't say I had any problems with the Quest at all, and would certainly use it again.

pabla Fri 18-Mar-05 15:01:56

I've always had maclarens and wouldn't try anything else now. If you are buying a second-hand one, check how far back it reclines. My Techno, which is about three years ol, doesn't recline fully flat. My SIL has a slightly cheaper model (maybe Quest?) bought a year later and it does. The volo always seemed a little unsupportive for my liking, especially for a younger baby. If you are going to use it a lot I wouls go for one of the other models. I don't you get a whole lot more for your money by going for a more expensive model (I got a techno cos my old buggy fell apart and I had to but what was in stock.) It might be worth taking a look at the Kiddicare website. They have good deals on new ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now