Talk

Advanced search

Present idea for 6 year old boy please

(16 Posts)
FrenchGirl Fri 18-Mar-05 09:12:43

Because I only have a dd I find it hard to come up with present ideas for boys in her class..... Don't know what's cool and what's not when you're a 6 year old boy, and have to go shopping this afternoon. Spending around £8 to £10....
Help!!

Hulababy Fri 18-Mar-05 09:13:51

I have a cousin of this age and at Christmas he wanted some magnetix stuff.

fairyfly Fri 18-Mar-05 09:29:46

Beyblades, power rangers, starwars, bionicles, spiderman, incredibles

FrenchGirl Fri 18-Mar-05 09:30:47

that's good so far, have got that kind of stuff before (phew....)
Anymore ideas?

FrenchGirl Fri 18-Mar-05 10:17:51

bump

SoupDragon Fri 18-Mar-05 10:52:11

Magnetix, Power Rangers (pref Dino Thunder) Bionicles, BeyBlades, Transformers...

Trying to think what DS1 got for his birthday recently.

FrenchGirl Fri 18-Mar-05 10:59:26

thanks soupy.
do boys think books are naff then?

SoupDragon Fri 18-Mar-05 11:01:57

Really depends on the boy. Especially at 6 when their reading ability can vary a lot.

DS1 had a lot of fun (as did I!) with Lego kits or the little Mega Blocks ones. Mega Blocks do Power Ranger kits which are good.

Kelly1978 Fri 18-Mar-05 11:03:19

DD's friend had his 6th bday party last week and he was most pleased with these robot toys from the new film. I think they'd be a def winner.

FrenchGirl Fri 18-Mar-05 11:10:24

good idea Kelly, will also check out the dreaded Disney store

FrenchGirl Fri 18-Mar-05 11:13:00

I have bought this fab book which dd has for a couple of kids before, but always wondered what they thought....

roisin Fri 18-Mar-05 11:14:10

Frenchgirl I have bought boys books at age 6, when I've known them well and known what would appeal and is at the appropriate level, and they have gone down very well.

I have also bought arty/crafty stuff for boys as well - Hama beads, Crayola window clings kits, that sort of thing, which have been well-received. But again only when I knew it was a child who would like that sort of thing.

LIZS Fri 18-Mar-05 11:16:41

playmobil and lego are very popular atm with ds

FrenchGirl Fri 18-Mar-05 11:16:59

thanks roisin, I just don't seem to get much feedback from parents about birthday presents, which is fine most of the time, but when I get the kid something really nice, I wish they would say something....

roisin Fri 18-Mar-05 11:21:00

That's a shame Frenchgirl, and very impolite of them.

We've bought books for two different boys (6 and 8) in the last week or so, (and loads over the past 2years) and both times the parents and/or children have told me how much they were appreciated.

FrenchGirl Fri 18-Mar-05 11:22:01

lots of rude people at dd's school (more money than sense most of them.... we're taking her out next year!!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: