Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Calling all Zafira Owners!! Please read if you have one!

(54 Posts)
Yorkiegirl Wed 16-Mar-05 15:58:43

Message withdrawn

Cha Wed 16-Mar-05 16:01:38

Fantastic! Will call the number. Cheers!

tiptop Wed 16-Mar-05 16:11:14

Hi, Yorkiegirl. I just rang the number and was told that Vauxhall aren't offering to fit locks free of charge but there are additional locks available for purchase from Vauxhall dealers for around £35. The advisor said the system on Zafira cars meets European standards and that they have no plans to offer extra locks for free. That contradicts what you've been told, so it's strange, isn't it? [puzzled emoticon required!]

Cha Wed 16-Mar-05 16:11:54

Just called them and was told they'll put their own lock on (plastic, worth £35)for free or contribute £35 towards having an Osprey lock fitted. Is this the K lock? Was told that this costs about £70 though last time I checked on the internet it was about £40. What do people know about these plastic locks? Don't sound much cop to me, but then what do I know? Also, how much for a replacement wheel? Ours went months ago and we haven't got round to replacing it... Guy on the phone said about £110. Jeeez. I suppose there aren't any second hand Zafira tyres around because so many people want them. Or perhaps I might just buy my old one back?!? Who knows?

Yorkiegirl Wed 16-Mar-05 16:15:24

Message withdrawn

tiptop Wed 16-Mar-05 16:18:19

Yorkiegirl - Oooh. Did they give you a reference number to quote to your local dealer in order to get it done for free? I'll try ringing them again.

Cha Wed 16-Mar-05 16:18:30

Seems like all Vauxhaul phone peeps are not singing from the same hymn sheet. You sure they will fit the metal one? Is it an osprey (k lock) ? All very confusing. Shall we phone watchdog and get them deeper in it?

misdee Wed 16-Mar-05 16:18:52

where is the spare kept on zafiras then?

Yorkiegirl Wed 16-Mar-05 16:23:24

Message withdrawn

Yorkiegirl Wed 16-Mar-05 16:23:34

Message withdrawn

Cha Wed 16-Mar-05 16:27:55

Just done a google on it, there's nothing I can find from today but I did find someone on an anti Zafira wheel website thing saying the plastic lock was 'laughable'. Anyone else seen one of these plastic locks? Are they any good? Stupid question really...but who knows, they could be made of reinforced, anti theft, anti cutting plastic?

tiptop Wed 16-Mar-05 16:35:03

Yorkiegirl - Just spoke to them now and the chap told me that they are supplying locks free! I said nicely that I'd been told that they weren't when I rang a little while ago. He stressed that it was for customers' peace of mind that they were supplying the locks for free i.e. not that it's anything to do with the existing security for the spare tyre being insufficent to deter thieves! He asked the vehicle's reg no and then the chassis no (as mine didn't come up on the reg no as it's listed as an Opel, not a Vauxhall). He gave me a reference number to quote to my local Vauxhall dealer, so I'm all sorted! Thank you for sharing the info!

Cha Wed 16-Mar-05 16:37:29

Did you get a plastic lock or a metal one, tiptop?

tiptop Wed 16-Mar-05 16:41:57

Cha - Sorry, I didn't ask! Grrr at myself for being dim! I've just rung my local dealer and he said that he hasn't seen them before and the first delivery of these locks is due in on Friday and he'll ring me once they are in to book the car in to have one fitted. Perhaps your local dealer will know?

Cha Wed 16-Mar-05 16:52:38

I'm going to leave it a couple of days and see what mumsnetters come up with. Then I will call my dealer. Can you post when you know what type you've got?

Cod Wed 16-Mar-05 17:13:09

Message withdrawn

nutcracker Wed 16-Mar-05 17:15:52

Lol Cod, tis a bit weird though isn't it.

CountessDracula Wed 16-Mar-05 17:17:02

now they have advertised it on watchdog every yobbo will be out nicking them

Like the old vw sign beastie boys stuff

tiptop Wed 16-Mar-05 17:21:48

Cha - Yes, I'll post on this thread as soon as I know.

Cod - People are stealing the spare tyre which is stored beneath the vehicle on a Zafira. If it's easy to take off when you need to change your tyre, then it's also easy for people to steal, I guess.

Yorkiegirl - Thanks very much for this thread. I've shared the info with some family and friends so far and I'll speak to the rest in the next few days.

Cod Wed 16-Mar-05 17:23:55

Message withdrawn

Janh Wed 16-Mar-05 18:11:07

This issue has its very own website, look!

I read about this in owner reviews on ciao ages ago and always vaguely thought "I must look into this..." I bet mine's been nicked long ago!

Cod Wed 16-Mar-05 18:15:09

Message withdrawn

Janh Wed 16-Mar-05 18:17:57

I'd better go and check mine on bended knee too, hadn't I, cod? Will report back

tiptop Wed 16-Mar-05 18:31:15

<<drums fingers while waiting for JanH to report back>>

Pollyanna Wed 16-Mar-05 18:50:37

we've already had our tyre stolen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now