Talk

Advanced search

which second hand double pushchair shoudl my pal get?

(11 Posts)
Cod Tue 15-Mar-05 16:12:43

Message withdrawn

Gem13 Tue 15-Mar-05 16:13:56

Mountain Buggy.

Cod Tue 15-Mar-05 16:14:15

Message withdrawn

Gem13 Tue 15-Mar-05 16:17:50

Yes

Cod Tue 15-Mar-05 16:18:03

Message withdrawn

Gem13 Tue 15-Mar-05 16:21:14

Easy to push (it's a 3 wheeler design) with a soild handlebar, comfy for the children and takes them from newborn.

Pushing my hulking 2.8 (size and weight of a 4 y old) and 13m is a breeze. Not too wide either.

Pricey but you can get them secondhand on eBay and sell them again for the same!

Gem13 Tue 15-Mar-05 16:22:39

complaining child on knee

http://www.mountainbuggy.com/uk/range.html

dropinthe Tue 15-Mar-05 16:22:54

I bought a second hand Graco tandem for £25.00 from my local paper and it was fantastic to use-I really recommend tandems v side by side-I dont know anyone who's had one whos got anything constructive to say about them-they are simply too wide!!
Mine lasted well over a year!

BadHair Tue 15-Mar-05 16:33:19

Have to disagree, dropinthe, I borrowed a tandem when ds2 was very tiny, and ds1 (then 2) hated it. He still talks about it now and again and it was 2 years ago. He said he felt like he was all on his own at the front, and its true that he did seem to be miles away. They're a beggar for getting up high kerbs too, the chassis seems to be really weak and it felt like it was bending in the middle.
So I bought a second hand side-by-side Graco one and they both loved it as they were next to each other. They're designed to fit through shop doorways, especially the ones that take wheelchairs, but they are a bit cumbersome in clothes shops where the racks are crammed in close.
I wouldn't recommend spending a vast amount on one as they only get used for a few months before the toddler decides to walk everywhere, but they are popular second hand so good makes keep their price well. I actually sold mine for £5 more than I paid for it as the buyer didn't bother haggling.

Cod Tue 15-Mar-05 16:43:42

Message withdrawn

Tommy Tue 15-Mar-05 16:49:32

I've got a Graco side by side which cost £100 new. It's not as easy to push as the Mountain thingy (which I thought was a bit wide) but I used mine every day with lots of walking for about 15 months. Will have to get it out of the garage again when number 3 comes along.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now