Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

which cruiser shoe is best?

(11 Posts)
pootlepod Tue 15-Mar-05 15:23:58

DD is 13 months and cruising. She has worn robeez shoes (to keep her socks on and allow a bit of ffriction, we have floorboards at home) but is nearly out of the 6-12 months.

Shall I get her another pair of these? When measured in clarks her feet are too small for their cruisers, and I think they were more expensive anyway. Is there another brand which is similar but cheaper?

gingerbear Tue 15-Mar-05 15:27:41

inch blue, daisy roots or bobux???

LIZS Tue 15-Mar-05 15:27:59

Hold off until she is walking freely and wants to go outside. If you get another pair of soft ones in the meantime, she could always wear them as slippers later.

dd has tiny feet and had European brands such as Ricosta (Pepino range) and Elefanten and her first ones -they start at size 17/18 which I think is a 2 1/2 - but not especially cheap.

oooggs Tue 15-Mar-05 15:50:44

I have just bought a pair of Clarks cruisers for DS 15 mths size 4.5F and they were £18

moondog Tue 15-Mar-05 15:53:27

Daisy Roots are lovely. Cost about £15, last for ages (ds now wearing a pair that originally belonged to his sister and were then loaned to his cousin) and the designs are great (although they've told me that they haven't yet got round to doing a Welsh dragon style, because cutting and stitching the leather would be too complicated...)

moondog Tue 15-Mar-05 15:53:59

Sorry, I'm thinking Star Child. Still, practically the same thing.

Bozza Tue 15-Mar-05 16:11:40

Have been thinking about this myself. DD is 10 months and neither cruising nor crawling but almost cruising (ie never really notice her move but all of a sudden realise she is at the other end of the sofa). She has never had any footwear which was fine when she was in the Graco with cosytoes and blanket stuffed inside. But I have started using the maclaren a bit recently and she invariably ends up with bare feet and I get tutted at by old ladies while DD merrily waves her sock at them. My current solution is to dress her in a dress and tights on the days she is likely to be going in the maclaren but was wondering whether to get her some sort of shoe.

LIZS Tue 15-Mar-05 16:15:58

How about tights under her trousers ? I did use Daisy Roots for dd at that age but she could still remove them and with ds I used Padders.

pootlepod Tue 15-Mar-05 19:43:50

Thanks all, I did a google for some of the names- many gorg. designs, that's the problem. Children's shoes are so blimmin' expensive. I found that babykind sell them for £8.99 so I've ordered a pair of those, as like you said LIZS she can always wear them as slippers indoors later if she suddenly needs a new pair of shoes for proper walking.

Bozza Wed 16-Mar-05 15:08:24

I have done that in the past Liz - especially when we've been walking and she was in the sling because I find that her trousers tend to ride up then anyway.

eidsvold Thu 17-Mar-05 05:51:29

We bought clarks cruisers for dd1 when she was 1 and her foot size was just a 3. They cost us 14 pounds. Quite expensive for children's shoes - however she got a years wear out of them - that was every day at nursery and then whenever we went out on the weekend. They will also be okay for dd2 to wear about the house or in the garden. Dd2 finally wore them out with her commando crawling and digging her toe in.

Bozza - when we were in clarks buying the others - clarks had a crawling range - very soft shoes - great designs. WOuld be fine for the few times you are out and about. That is why we bought dd shoes as she was off to nursery - she was not even thinking about cruising for another year and a half BUT needed to have her feet covered through winter etc. SHe is a fiend when it comes to keeping socks on - even now - you better get the shoes on quick or the socks are gone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now