Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone ordered from Glasgow Pram Centre?

(19 Posts)
frogs Mon 14-Mar-05 22:22:32

And if so, what was the service like? They have the car seat I want for £10 less than Kiddicare.

TIA

HUNKERMUNKER Mon 14-Mar-05 22:24:04

Will Kiddicare price match?

kikidee Mon 14-Mar-05 22:31:13

I've bought in person from them and they were fine. They are happy to order things if they don't have them in stock and their prices are great.

GeorginaA Tue 15-Mar-05 12:06:13

Yes, I've bought via them and they were FANTASTIC - really helpful. And phoned to let me know that they'd received the order, were posting it now and which day to expect the courier.

I vastly prefer them to Kiddicare.

bundle Tue 15-Mar-05 12:07:22

kiddicare brought our carseat v quickly via courier, never had any problems with them

Tissy Tue 15-Mar-05 12:12:14

have used the shop in person, and they were fine- very helpful

tassis Tue 15-Mar-05 12:26:19

Do you know that they price match from the internet?

tassis Tue 15-Mar-05 12:26:53

(that was GPC not kiddicare)

PinkWebby Tue 15-Mar-05 12:27:47

I have brought from them in person and had it deliveref they are very good. Lovely shop.

Twiga Tue 15-Mar-05 16:36:28

to add a couple of further questions: how far out do they deliver? and do they keep a large stock, so if we saw the pram we wanted, could we take away same day? thanks

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Tue 15-Mar-05 16:38:58

They delivered to me in London. They were fantastic and much cheaper than other places that I tried. (I was looking for a raincover for my Implast Twin Classic Buggy). Wonderful service, very helpful people. I've kept their details on file in case I need anything again.

GeorginaA Tue 15-Mar-05 18:29:25

Seem to have a large stock online, delivered to me in Worcester. Don't know what the shop itself is like though.

TwoIfBySea Tue 15-Mar-05 19:42:09

My friend bought a double buggy for her dd twins (am not abbreviating that to ddt!) When she got it she realised it had been used and they were quite sniffy with her about refund or replace. It was hassle she didn't need when pregnant with twins! (She bought in the shop by the by.)

I steered clear for that reason but if most people are happy with it then you should go with what they say. I just wanted you to know to be aware, but then that is the case with most places now unfortunately!

Jbck Tue 15-Mar-05 19:51:50

Although their stuff is lovely & well priced we had a bit of bother with them too. They told us changing unit for DDs room would be small enough when packed to fit in back of DH's car with seats down etc, large family hatchback. When he went to pick it up there was no way it would have gone anywhere near getting in. They then wanted to charge delivery & assembly charge. We said we'd cancel full order approx £500 & they changed their tune. It took 2 big guys to carry box up stairs into nursery. (assembly entailed putting handles on doors btw.) I have bought other stuff though since & had no problem but it's good to be aware of kind of thing that might go wrong.

bonym Tue 15-Mar-05 20:35:29

I bought nursery furniture from them - they had the cheapest prices and I had no problems with service or delivery. Would definitely use them again. I actually emailed Kiddicare before purchasing as they have this supposed pricematch thing - they never bothered to reply.

bonym Tue 15-Mar-05 20:36:54

Twiga - I think they deliver right across the UK (we are in Cardiff)

Xena Tue 15-Mar-05 20:51:35

If you go into the item on kiddicare there is an option to say that you have seen it cheaper.

bonym Wed 16-Mar-05 07:56:16

Yes - this is the option I used - they didn't bother to reply so I ordered from GPC!

Twiga Wed 16-Mar-05 08:00:36

Delivery to Aberdeen shouldn't be a problem then .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now