Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

travel sickness and toddler???

(7 Posts)
Carameli Mon 14-Mar-05 16:19:20

My dd(17mths) has a real problem with travel sickness, even fairly short journeys. I starve her before we go somewhere but cannot starve her the whole day so it often means it happens on the way home.

Does anyone have any good ideas. Has anyone got a toddler to wear those wrist bands and do they make them for chidlren???

Any advice welcome

Frizbe Mon 14-Mar-05 16:23:12

I think your refering to Seabands, a bloomin marvel, cured ss of his sickness issues immediately, what a relief, no more am I that stepmother on the side of the road, with the boot unpacked trying to clean off sick with wetwipes They're available in Boots, they work by pressing on the accupressure point that stops motion sickness, marvelous!

Carameli Mon 14-Mar-05 16:26:36

but how young will they work? I had them for pregnancy but cannot find them, but surely her little wrists will not be wide enough?

blueteddy Mon 14-Mar-05 16:26:59

Oh, I might have to try those for my ds.
He has suffered with travel sickness since he was a toddler.
I always encourage him to look out of the window & never give him any thing in the car, which requires him looking down.
I try to avoid long journeys, but these bands may be just what I need for him!

meysey Mon 14-Mar-05 19:46:25

try the homeopathic remedy "travella" you can even get it in motorway service stations these days

MistressMary Mon 14-Mar-05 19:50:27

My mum used to sit me on a newspaper or something similar and it worked for me, apparently. ??

jennifersofia Mon 14-Mar-05 20:18:34

Not to put a damper on things, but we have tried the acupressure bands on my 4yr old (starting from when she was 3) and also have used the travella, neither of which seem to work. But then she is rather hard core - throwing up after 15 min in the car, then repeating every 20 minutes. Although I am normally extremely loathe to medicate, we have found that the antihistamine Phenergen works well, with no side effects. I don't mind using it because she only makes about 5 car journeys a year.
Anyone else have a miracle cure?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now