Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Maclaren's own footmuffs - do they fit well and stay put?

(17 Posts)
franch Sat 12-Mar-05 11:55:45

We're currently using a generic one that we bought for our Volo and it's driving me me mad - slips down whenever we try and put DD in it and just won't stay put. Do the proper Maclaren ones fit better? I know it's nearly spring but I can't stand the hassle any longer!!!

LIZS Sat 12-Mar-05 12:01:26

Ours is 5 years old but it didn't fit much better than a generic - the buggy wouldn't fold properly with it and eventually broke the retaining clip and it still seemed to slither about a lot. It was narrower than the generic one too, so more of a faff to put them in unless you unzip it each time. I did like the fact it matched though (ours was a distinctive check pattern) and it had extra poppers at the top so you could make it snug for a little one.

franch Sat 12-Mar-05 12:03:16

Aagh, so I'm doomed to several more winters of kneeling on freezing pavements cursing my head off???

Twiglett Sat 12-Mar-05 12:17:26

never used a generic but our Mclaren cover slips downwards and have to yank the arms to pull it up IYKWIM

so not sure its much better

also DD (10 months) just managed the tummy hoiked in the air maneouvre to stop us putting her in and it really slips then

HUNKERMUNKER Sat 12-Mar-05 12:42:12

I have a Maclaren footmuff on my Quest and I love it - the buggy folds with it on (and a couple of toys clipped to the harness...). It does sometimes need unzipping to get DS in (if he's being awkward) but usually it doesn't. He looks very cosy in it.

franch Sat 12-Mar-05 18:33:57

So it doesn't slip around, HM??

fairydust Sun 13-Mar-05 17:00:10

hi franch - don't know if your intersted but i'm selling a footmuff that fits a maclaren buggy it ties in place so fits perfectly.

will do free P&P if you intersted.

here

WideWebWitch Sun 13-Mar-05 18:10:17

My Mclaren one drives me mad too. It's a black fluffy one and slips too. So I wouldn't have thought buying a Mclaren one would make much difference. Ours is ok if I pull the straps hard through it before I put her in but it slips easily (does that make any sense at all? Probably not!) It's a PITA.

WideWebWitch Sun 13-Mar-05 18:13:22

It was £30 if that's any use identifying it.

franch Sun 13-Mar-05 18:19:25

Thanks www. Def not going to buy a mclaren one - thanks for saving me the money! fairydust - def interested in your tie-on one, esp if you can do it without P&P - many thanks My ebay ID is babyzingo

fairydust Sun 13-Mar-05 23:45:07

email e wallbank at hot mail dot com if your intersted and i'll do free P&P for you.

HUNKERMUNKER Sun 13-Mar-05 23:47:32

Mine doesn't slip around - it ties at the top, the straps come through it and it just kinda sits there with DS in it.

franch Mon 14-Mar-05 15:12:08

HM, what kind do you have?

FD, I've emailed you

fairydust Mon 14-Mar-05 16:16:12

franch no email recieved at all.

franch Mon 14-Mar-05 19:19:52

FD - got email address wrong - it bounced. Have tried again

franch Fri 18-Mar-05 13:14:03

FD I paid you by PayPal on Monday but have heard nothing from you since - did you get the money?

franch Mon 21-Mar-05 14:22:51

fairydust????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now